narrow kerf chain set up.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
anyone really tried it on say an 372 .. tell me again what the drawback would be..a real question.. not trying to be a smart ---.

I cant see much of a problem with it, in fact, if you're thinking what I think you are, you're gonna go through the wood like a red hot knife through butter.

I don't really know, but I think a 95VP on a 372 would be quite risky because of the narrow (in this case, read weak) chassis.
It would probably cut like OA said with a 9-pin sprocket in real clean wood, but easily snap in less than optimum conditions.

Oregon doesn't recommend larger sprockets than .325x7 with 95VP. I don't think suitable bars are availiable either.....

:umpkin: I am aware of todays date, but you did state that the question was real.............

tony marks said:
thanks all good points to consider.no troll ive looked the small bar is just all i found also.

Tony probably not much of a problem with the 372 if you keep below 18 inches and are careful. However with that kind of power it must rip true wood in record time.

Back