• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy need 084 muffler COVER, or equivalent; got the back-end.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TruettB

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I know these mufflers go for big bucks, but mine is fine. It just needs a cover to keep my hearing intact. If you can make one, I'm willing to talk!

If so, where? I called Madsen's, they've usually got everything. Any ideas? Ebay's been no help.

There was a thread here maybe a year ago.

No mufflers .. But covers were $35 I think. Guy up north got one.

Last I heard anyway.

Well, if you come up with a lead Monday, I'd most certainly appreciate it. And remember guys...
I asked first! ;-)

I checked my local Stihl guys; one in particular is very helpful and goes over and beyond. He came up empty handed. He even ordered me an 880 cover, I believe it was, to see if I could fit it/mod it. No dice, so he sent it back.
This has got my milling shut down until I can cover the back end!

Back to my question..........You the covers are available. I ask WHERE???????????

A year ago or some banter posted on a website is not too valid.

There was a thread here maybe a year ago.

No mufflers .. But covers were $35 I think. Guy up north got one.

Last I heard anyway.

If the covers are available then I as well as MANY others are interested

Well if the Chinese are making them that is great. :)

Phil,

have you got any of them?

Well if the Chinese are making them that is great. :)

Phil,

have you got any of them?

I was trying to buy a complete NOS 084 muffler from a retired Stihl dealer here in Oz, said he had sold it to an Australian aftermarket company that was having it copied in China.
Now I'm not going to name the company, but I will say they're already producing their own range of mufflers for 066/660, 038, 076 etc.

Well I wish someone would make them. I have a NOS body here but the cover is gone. I do have a used one

Back