Need a spark plug cross reference please.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D&B Mack

Sawin Wit It!
Reaction score
I scored a free Echo CS 3000.

I can't find the champion plug replacement on a shelf anywhere.

Does someone have the cross reference chart to give me the NGK #? I am having problems with both Champions and NGK's websites for some reason.

Actually, if someone could confirm a CJ8y is the correct plug for the saw as well it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Have you used this?

Does someone have the cross reference chart to give me the NGK #? I am having problems with both Champions and NGK's websites for some reason.

Actually, if someone could confirm a CJ8y is the correct plug for the saw as well it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE

Spark plug cross reference Type in BPM7A or BPMR-7A for your CS-3000, after you select NGK brand

Last edited:
I checked two sources and they list CJ7Y as the standard plug, which crosses to a NGK BPM7A or a Bosch WS7F.

Actually, if someone could confirm a CJ8y is the correct plug for the saw as well it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE

Spark plug cross reference Type in BPM7A or BPMR-7A for your CS-3000, after you select NGK brand

Have not used that before. Thanks. Appreciate all the responses.

The NGK BPMR7A is pretty much the standard large size spark plug

Theres a website called sparkplugs.com
They have a reference guide for veichles and small engines. I use it all the time if I don't know what plug a certain saw takes.

The NGK BPMR7A is pretty much the standard large size spark plug

Ok, here is a question.

If my saw takes a CJ8Y, the comparable NGK is BPMR7A. But a RCJ7Y is also comparable to the BPMR7A. Does this mean I can use a RCJ7Y in my saw? On the cross reference page, there is no difference in specs.

Ok, here is a question.

If my saw takes a CJ8Y, the comparable NGK is BPMR7A. But a RCJ7Y is also comparable to the BPMR7A. Does this mean I can use a RCJ7Y in my saw? On the cross reference page, there is no difference in specs.

Thats the problem with cross reference charts, depends whose they are.

Check this one Champion to NGK Spark Plug Cross Reference from ClubPlug.net USA

You see there that the CJ7Y crosses to the BPM7 while the CJ8Y cosses to a BPM6.

That makes sense when you realise that the larger the number in a Champion plug series means its hotter, while a smaller number in NGK means hotter.

Just put the CJ7Y in your Echo and dont worry about it since its a little colder then the 8

Last edited:
"I scored a free Echo CS 3000.

Actually, if someone could confirm a CJ8y is the correct plug for the saw as well it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance."

These are the Cross-Referenced Spark Plugs for Champion CJ6Y, NGK BPM7A, Bosch WS5F, Torch L7TC. Echo recommends using an NGK BPM7A. I've attached the Operator's Manual for your saw if you are interested.​

Attachments

• CS3000 Operators Manual.pdf
    512.5 KB · Views: 0
Just about any of them stubby 14mm thread 9.5mm reach plugs will work I’d use the mid range for heat depending on mix. I was trying to figure out what plug I should use in my 08s recently and turns out it uses the same plugs as the old air cooled beetle those pesky Germans.

Back