Need carburetor identifiction help Please!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRed96

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am working on three different saws and need to identify which carburetors are on each so I can order rebuild kits.
The first saw is a Stihl 025. I have a walbro carb but looking at the media cat it lists 6 different models of walbro and I can't figure out how to differentiate between them. Anyone have any ideals?

The second saw is a Homelite XL. it has a Tillotson carb and according to Acres site it is either an HK-27A or an HK-27B. The only markings other than Tillotson says IK2B 612. There is also a large number 7 on it.

The last saw is a McCulloch 110. Acres says it is either a Walbro MDC 16 or a Zama M1-M7. There is no manufactures name on the carb. Markings include MDC 15 2 5-441 1. Because of the MDC on the carb I would assume it's a Walbro but I really don't want to have to buy two kits because I purchased the wrong one the first time.

Thank you in advance for any light you may be able to shine a my dilemma.

Use an air hose to blow the sides clean. Zama carbs have numbers on the side behind where the fuel line attaches. You need a q tip to wipe the surface clean or you'll never see the etched writing. It isn't stamped like walbro. Walbro model numbers are the usually on the side with the adjuster screws.
The one stamped mdc is mdc

Use an air hose to blow the sides clean. Zama carbs have numbers on the side behind where the fuel line attaches. You need a q tip to wipe the surface clean or you'll never see the etched writing. It isn't stamped like walbro. Walbro model numbers are the usually on the side with the adjuster screws.
The one stamped mdc is mdc
Thanks for the information Sir!

Back