need decomp lever for john deere 70v

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galde

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I found a nice John Deere 70v saw ( same as echo 702vl ) in a pawn shop. It was missing a few minor pieces, all of which I was able to get from Echo, but the decompression lever is no longer available from either Echo or John Deere. The Echo part number is 179 805-1023 0. Does anyone know where I might find one to make my saw complete?

I have gotten some Echo Evl parts from a place called Plano Power Equipment out of Texas. They had stuff that my local dealer couldn't get. Worth a shot. They have a web site. I don't have a link but a quick google should find them :umpkin:

Try this Echo part #

Try this Echo part # i think this will work for what You are looking for 17980512431 price is under $5.00 When You change it just don't loose that ball and spring.
Let me know if this works for you.
Dave :angel:

Plano Emailed me that the decompression lever (current part no. is 179 805-1023 0) has been unavailable for a long time, so I am still on the hunt......
The one on my saw apparently was broken off, as the mounting screw is still in place, and the detent spring is still there but the ball at the end of the spring is gone. I'm certain that I can come up with the right-sized ball, and I could probably make a lever (and make it so that it wouldn't break...) if I had one to go by.

Back