Need help confirming Identity of my 346xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad2185

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I currently have a 346xp on the bench and it needs a new top end. I have been searching through the forum and online to get a straight answer on if my 346xp is either a OE or NE? Then needing to know for sure if I need the 44.3mm cylinder/piston kit to repair.

Specs I took from saw:
346xp E-tech
965 17 24-00
09 2400398
Its a 50cc saw, it was missing the gas cap, so not sure if it was green or gray? The top cover has the clips instead of screws and it has a primer bulb. It has a silver clutch cover too
Any help or confirmation on what I have here would be greatly appreciated! Sorry I didnt have any pics to show....Thanks

I have got two of the 346's one is an OE and one is the NE its simple 45cc vs 50cc or 42mm vs 44.3mm if its 50 cc then it will be the larger bore. did the muffler have a cat in it? that would tell you if it was an e tech or not. If you are changeing the entire P&C it really does not matter if it is specifically for the etech or not, jsut that you get the 44.3 version (unless you want to go 45cc then buy the 42 mm set).

It says e-tech in small print on the pull starter housing, so going with that I would say it probably has the cat muffler. I think I have a few 350 mufflers laying around that I could install? So mine would be the NE with the 44.3mm bore. Thank you for you help!!!

Latest posts

Back