Need help identifying old jonsereds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked this jonsereds up today and it has no I’d tag on it. Decals are not visible. Has the different ign. going to the spark plug. Compression release on the top of the cylinder. I’ve never seen one like this and just hoping to get some info from you guys. Thanx in advance !!!

Signified by?
The Partnerish handle arrangement, the two piece ignition and the single screw airbox cover?
No partner style handle on the 910… that came later on the 820/920. Handles are totally separate on the 910.
Only three Jonsereds had a decomp, the 90, 910 and 111S.
The 910 E was the only one of the three with plastic top cover… also the plug mounted spark coil is another dead giveaway. Only the 910 and some 451s used that ign system

No partner style handle on the 910… that came later on the 820/920. Handles are totally separate on the 910.
Only three Jonsereds had a decomp, the 90, 910 and 111S.
The 910 E was the only one of the three with plastic top cover… also the plug mounted spark coil is another dead giveaway. Only the 910 and some 451s used that ign system

Thats better- no point pointing out the obvious when there are those that walk among us not always aware of the obvious.
Just one point- no Jonsereds of that era had decomp except those 3- subsequent models lots of them do.

Thats better- no point pointing out the obvious when there are those that walk among us not always aware of the obvious.
Just one point- no Jonsereds of that era had decomp except those 3- subsequent models lots of them do.
Well not really. The only Jonsereds models with a decomp were as I stated.
Many Jonsered models came with decomps. But that is not the same company. The 910 was right at the dividing line as it was the last true Jonsereds designed saw of that family. The later 8XX and 920/930 were of Partner/Husqvarna/Jonsered design and not Jonsereds. And later saws were of Husky design but cast in red. Good saws mostly but not Jonsereds.

Well not really. The only Jonsereds models with a decomp were as I stated.
Many Jonsered models came with decomps. But that is not the same company. The 910 was right at the dividing line as it was the last true Jonsereds designed saw of that family. The later 8XX and 920/930 were of Partner/Husqvarna/Jonsered design and not Jonsereds. And later saws were of Husky design but cast in red. Good saws mostly but not Jonsereds.

Well I guess that all depends on if you add a apostrophe in your explanation- Jonsereds or many Jonsered's. :p

Thanx for all the info. I’m just a little confused about the two holes in the top of gas tank. One is plugged with an Allen head bolt and plastic washer and the other is open. The tank breather hose has a brass plug, (breather) on the other end. I can’t really find a good detailed picture of this and don’t know if those holes in the top of the gas tank are supposed to be there or did someone try to McGiver the poor thing.IMG_3137.jpeg

Latest posts

Back