need help, new dolmar 5100.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was starting it wrong. I had the choke on to much, I found out to choke then shut choke off. let it sit for about 1 hour and went back and it fired rite up. it idles fine when it is cold but when it is warm sometimes it just dies but always starts up again. I should have read the instruction manual before I tried starting it. well anyway I got both saws loaded in the truck I will see how she cuts. Brad

You'll like it. The first time I ran one I was all smiles. But I had a bigger smile after I ran the 7900.

i have the same problem with mine more so when it is hot it runs great for 15-20 min. then it shuts down. this has been happin for about a year now. dealer says its fine. for me it cant be right So went out and got a new 346xp (50cc) on saturday.

lawmart
Mine did the same thing and started hard. My dealer put a new jug and piston on it and now it runs just fine. Cuttin' Scott said some 5100's came with too tight clearance.:cry: :cry:

I had some problems with mine, but I think it was because it was modded before I got it, and refit with a stock muffler before it was sold to me. Once the muffler was opened up, a carb kit, and a little tuning has it starting with two pulls when cold, one when hot, and it screams. ...You might want to take it to the dealer, and let them make sure you don't have an air leak or something causing it to die. There is something wrong besides your starting technique. Good luck!

hozer that sounds very interesting about the cylinder being to tight, .For me that would be a very expensive venture to replace the jug and cylinder.
I thought it might be the ignition coil.
lawmart

Latest posts

Back