Need help on 020av WT-15A Carb trouble

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmanriver

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This problem is starting to drive me nuts! :msp_confused: I just replaced the P/C on my 020av Super and while I had it apart I decided to rebuild the carb (WT-15A) by installing a kit in it. I also replaced the fuel line, fuel filter, impulse line. The carb was running before I installed the kit in it, but wasn't running great. It needed a new kit.

My problem is that the saw will now run on prime only. I have taken the carb apart 5 times now to check my work and all is good. I have set the metering lever correctly with the Walbro W carb tool. I have tested every line repeatedly and all are good. I have inspected the intake boot several times as well and it good. I have switched the fuel pump with two additional pumps as well to no avail.

Any input or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks ~Zane

The 2 things that have given me the most trouble on 020`s causing the symptoms you describe is the impulse line not fitting tightly enough on the nipple or the carb and the seal between the fuel line and the nipple on the carb, it has to fit very tight or it will just pull air and not fuel.

Back