Need Help..........Walbro Carb!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rahtreelimbs

A.K.A Rotten Tree Limbs
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Amoungst My Saws........Fool That Has Too Many!!!
I have a Solo 690 with a Walbro WJ33A 027 (was on side of the carb). According to a Solo rep that I spoke with this carb has some sort of internal enrichening circuit that comes on when the saw goes above a certain RPM, a governor of sorts. I am trying to find a new replacement carb without this BS. If anyone can provide me with a phone number to Walbro or shed any light on this I would appreciate it. Thanx!!!

Walbro Engine Management
Worldwide Headquarters
7400 N. Oracle Road, Ste.310
Tucson, Arizona 85704
Phone: (520)877-3000
Fax: (520)877-3006
Email: [email protected]

Walbro North America
Sales and Engineering
6242 Garfield Street
Cass City, Michigan 48726
Phone: (989)872-2131
Fax: (989)872-3090
Email: [email protected]
Thats all I can find on them.

I was reading on Walbro's site and under the whats new link, you can read where they are talking about governors on there but they seem to be talking about stuff bigger than the chainsaw engines, but maybe they have done them as well.

Looking at the pdf file if you look at the WJ series they say its available extra's are speed governor so I would guess without having one to look at that either the governor can be removed or you can get the carb without the governor on it? just a guess at this point.

Good find Ray, looks like the key is going to be #18 on the diagram, it would be nice to see a photo of how it is hooked up to the saw. Is it electrical? and can it just be disconnected at that point to override its governoring.

Rich without having it in my hands forsure to say but on most all you need to do is block the hole on the bottom of the governor, if it is threaded put a plug in it but makesure it hits the bottom of the hole to block fuel from going past it. I have soldered the governor closed before but I like the plug better, now with doing this I hope you have lots of fuel on your high speed jet cause the governor willnot be able to help at wide open throttle

ehp said:
Rich without having it in my hands for sure to say but on most all you need to do is block the hole on the bottom of the governor, if it is threaded put a plug in it but make sure it hits the bottom of the hole to block fuel from going past it. I have soldered the governor closed before but I like the plug better, now with doing this I hope you have lots of fuel on your high speed jet cause the governor will not be able to help at wide open throttle

Ed, this is the same carb issue we discussed a few months back. I blocked what I thought was the governor but I was wrong.

With the info provided in this thread I was able to get hold of a good Tech Rep a Walbro.

First off Walbro doesn't offer a carb without the governor as a replacement. But he was able to tell me what to do to rectify this.

This Walbro carb has a Midrange jet that when the Hi speed jet doesn't provide enough fuel this jet comes into the circuit. He also said that just blocking the Midrange jet off would solve the problem!

I will post when I get this done and see how it works!

I found out late Friday from the same tech rep at Walbro that the information he gave me was incorrect. He hasd his carbs confused. Turns out that the WJ-33 has no governor. I stsed that it show it on the parts breakdown. His reply was that picture covers a lot of different carbs.

I ran the Solo 690 yesterday adjusting the carb every few cuts. It made good power and slightly 4 stroked at 13,300 rpm with no signs of being rev limited.

So far.....so good!!!

Back