Need info on old Homelite. May have CAD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fullpower_65

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I inherited a Homelite Super Mini VI when my Dad passed away a few years ago. It had earned its keep for him, faithfully cutting his stovewood for about 20 years. My Dad was a restorer or many old things: hit & miss engines, a shingle mill, farm equipment, woodworking machines, blacksmith's tools and more. Like all of the gear he's passed down to me, I want to keep this old Homie purring.

It stopped running last year but a carb kit will likely solve it. There are a few more parts I'd like to get to bring it back to respectable condition. I've searched this site, begged for a manual and done my googling, but there is not much info available on this saw.

The tag says Homelite Terry Textron UT No. 50129; Serial No. T8200165. My Dad bought it new, I'd guess in the early-80's

Does anyone else have this model? Any thoughts on where I can get parts? It's not listed on the parts sites I've seen. And I'll beg one more time: has anyone got a manual and/or IPL?

I now have two chainsaws. Do I have CAD? Is it too late for me? I can stop when I want to. My cousin has an old 254XP just layin' there...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I inherited a Homelite Super Mini VI when my Dad passed away a few years ago. It had earned its keep for him, faithfully cutting his stovewood for about 20 years. My Dad was a restorer or many old things: hit & miss engines, a shingle mill, farm equipment, woodworking machines, blacksmith's tools and more. Like all of the gear he's passed down to me, I want to keep this old Homie purring.

It stopped running last year but a carb kit will likely solve it. There are a few more parts I'd like to get to bring it back to respectable condition. I've searched this site, begged for a manual and done my googling, but there is not much info available on this saw.

The tag says Homelite Terry Textron UT No. 50129; Serial No. T8200165. My Dad bought it new, I'd guess in the early-80's

Does anyone else have this model? Any thoughts on where I can get parts? It's not listed on the parts sites I've seen. And I'll beg one more time: has anyone got a manual and/or IPL?

I now have two chainsaws. Do I have CAD? Is it too late for me? I can stop when I want to. My cousin has an old 254XP just layin' there...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That saw is The same as the homelite super EZ. Except for the vibration mounts on the tail and the handle bar. The motor, clutch, oiler, carb,air cleaner,gas caps and everything is interchangable. I would search for a homie super ez manual or IPL.

Thanks lawnmowertech and woodchuck.

I've looked at cmengineparts.com. I see there are several Super EZ saws: UT 10505, 10430, 10441, 10580 and some A/B variants of most models. Were they all essentially the same (it's hard to tell the differences from the IPLs)? If not, does anyone know which would be closest to my UT50129?

I just want to be sure before ordering. I need a carb kit, starter recoil spring and (probably) drive sprocket. I'll likely need more but I'll have to tear it down to know for sure.

Need info as well

Howdy,
I found this on a google search, about the only thing I can find on this saw.
I just got the same one but I am looking for a manual or anything on it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
For starters 16:1 or 32:1

Thanks

You can run from 32:1 to 50:1 your choice. If it was my saw I'd say 40:1. No logic behind my ratio but that is what I run in every two cycle I have now and no problems. In the very old saws that reconmend 16:1 I will run 32:1 in those.

You can run from 32:1 to 50:1 your choice. If it was my saw I'd say 40:1. No logic behind my ratio but that is what I run in every two cycle I have now and no problems. In the very old saws that reconmend 16:1 I will run 32:1 in those.

+1
I run 40:1 Stihl Ultra in everything I own.Old and New alike.

Never a problem.

Back