Old guy learning knew tricks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keeter1911

Reaction score
Thanks for having me. I live in Southeast Texas and have quite a few trees on my place. When Oak Wilt became a problem a few years ago, it became more cost effective for me to buy a couple of chainsaws an start dropping dead/sick trees myself. Being and old country boy whom is fairly mechanically inclined, and not blessed with the patience of Job, I got tired of the days to weeks wait for repairs on the saws and the rest my equipment which is how I ended up on this site. Thanks to this site, and a couple of Youtube sites and some repair manuals, I feel really confident in performing most mechanical/repair operations on my stuff. I think that the bigger benefit is that during the process of learning about the equipment, I have also learned a great deal about safety aspects involved in the Arborist/Tree Cutting professions that never crossed my mind in the previous 45 years or so that I have been running chainsaws to take care of my own place... So much so, that I don't feel too bad about paying the true professionals when I don't have total confidence that I can do the job myself (at 63 years old, my mind says that I can climb trees like I did in my younger years, but my arthritic body thinks otherwise). I really appreciate the people on the forum whom are true professionals sharing their knowledge allowing us semi-skilled novices to learn a thinks or two.

Latest posts

Back