Need parts for 056

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
parts for 056

Could not find listing on E-Bay. Closest I found was a used Cyl./piston assy. for an 056 that was 56mm and the piston was scoured. Stihl made 2 bore sizes for that saw. The 56mm piston is still available from Stihl and the 54mm one is obsolete. I actually have a new 56mm piston if I could find a decent cylinder to match, but I still would like to pursue a 54mm piston.

fishingrod47 said:
Could not find listing on E-Bay. Closest I found was a used Cyl./piston assy. for an 056 that was 56mm and the piston was scoured. Stihl made 2 bore sizes for that saw. The 56mm piston is still available from Stihl and the 54mm one is obsolete. I actually have a new 56mm piston if I could find a decent cylinder to match, but I still would like to pursue a 54mm piston.

Actually, they made three. The 056, in 52mm, the Super in 54mm, and the Mag II in 56 mm. The standard and the Super have the same case and cylinder bolt pattern. The Mag II has a different bolt pattern, but supposedly, you can slot the holes in a Mag cylinder to make it fit, but who wants to do that if they can avoid it? So you're good cylinder (54mm) is the one that came off your saw? That'd give you an 056 Super. You need to figure out which case you have in order to match up the cylinder to go with it. Find the part number if you can. The P/N for the standard/Super is 1115 020 2113 The Mag case is -2114.

You might also look up a member here, cbfamall. He's a Hoosier like me, and an 045/056 expert. He can answer any question you'd have about this saw, and might have parts or know where to find them off of ebay for you.

Here's the gasket you asked for-
http://cgi.ebay.com/STIHL-045AV-056...734509830QQcategoryZ20538QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The Super (54mm) piston and cylinder were there just the other day. Gone now. Keep looking, they show up frequently. The set on there now is listed simply as for the 056, so you can assume it's the standard, which if you ask me, is little saw for the weight in hand. Stick with a Super or a Mag.

Jeff

A 54mm piston I do not have--I gave my spare to my buddy in the form of an 056 Super. I have 52mm stuff.

Here's an ebay 54mm set:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STIHL-CHAINSAW-...ryZ20538QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Only difference with the 045 Super and 056 Super is a couple of cylinder fins are cut away to allow the rear exhaust pipe of the muffler to clear. You may or may not have this dual port muffler.

Chris B.

Back