need reference for a portable saw mill in Maryland

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wildlife

wildlife

ArboristSite Lurker
Anyone know someone they would recommend with a portable saw mill in Maryland. I have enough down oak (24") and others that I will truck a few to the saw mill to be cut for barn repair and other uses. I think it would be easier to have someone bring in a mill than make multiple trips to and from with my farm truck. Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks.
Wildlife

wildlife

wildlife

ArboristSite Lurker
Where at in MD? I know of an "Amish" guy who runs a portable band saw mill, $50-60 an hour I think.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Harford County near Churchville. I would be interested in his contact information if he is close enough.
How do you know this guy? Has he done work for you?
Thanks for the help.

I am interested in any leads you all have.

babybart

babybart

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
I'm in Cecil County, hes from Oxford Pa area. I do my own milling but he has done a poop load for a farm near my house that I cut wood and do electrical work at sometimes, highly recommended by that fella. I will email him and get the sawyers info, PM ya when I hear back. My buddy doesn't check email to often so may take a couple days or I will stop by over there this weekend.

wildlife

wildlife

ArboristSite Lurker
I'm in Cecil County, hes from Oxford Pa area. I do my own milling but he has done a poop load for a farm near my house that I cut wood and do electrical work at sometimes, highly recommended by that fella. I will email him and get the sawyers info, PM ya when I hear back. My buddy doesn't check email to often so may take a couple days or I will stop by over there this weekend.

Much thanks for your reply and tracking down the contact info from your buddy.

wildlife

wildlife

ArboristSite Lurker
No problem. Oh might need some milling scraps as a finder fee if it works out for ya!:pingpong:

We managed to get two of the logs out to the driveway while the ground was a little frozen last weekend. It might freeze again this weekend if we are lucky. The tractor still cuts in a little but I don't even want to try unless the ground is hard.

Any word back from your neighbor on who to contact?

I bet the sawyer is busy this time of year and maybe a smaller job like us will be worth his while if he has other work in the area.

Thanks

Latest posts