Need service manual and positive ID on this Homelite please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlatit

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Acton On Canada surrounded by stihl waters
Hey guys my brother in law has dumped aproblem saw in my lap and I need the specs to resetup this saw. Please help me to positively ID this saw and if you have the servicemanual may I please have a copy.

Arnie

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Super XL Auto. Very very common older Homie, also very tough and well made. I just ran mine yesterday, Yours is nicer looking than mine.

What exactly is wrong with it?

So does anyone have the IPL or service manual for this saw? I have an IPL for the Super XL Auto that I sent the OP, but it did not match his saw.

This is about everything you need to know. An IPL is pretty much useless with 0 parts support available for it.

Allot of XL auto, Super XL, XL-12, and Super XL-12 parts interchange.
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/47f8f0b8e0bc41ef88256c260048d87a?OpenDocument

If it were me I would still want an IPL to see how that saw goes together, even if I had a service manual for it already. Besides, lawnmowertech37 has some parts according to his sig and mysawmyrules may have a source for a ton of parts. Having the part numbers would come in handy in some cases. :cheers:

If it were me I would still want an IPL to see how that saw goes together, even if I had a service manual for it already. Besides, lawnmowertech37 has some parts according to his sig and mysawmyrules may have a source for a ton of parts. Having the part numbers would come in handy in some cases. :cheers:

I have a lot, too....

I had one of those but it seized up and died! was nice while it ran though, plenty of muscle to back up the weight. They're good if you can get them to run, but of course there's no chainbrake or anything to keep you from harm. just so you know ;)

The carb settings on mine (tillitson carb) were low: 1 turn; high; 3/4 turn. perhaps start a bit richer on the high needle.

Last edited:
This is about everything you need to know. An IPL is pretty much useless with 0 parts support available for it.

Allot of XL auto, Super XL, XL-12, and Super XL-12 parts interchange.
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/47f8f0b8e0bc41ef88256c260048d87a?OpenDocument

Thx for this one Romeo....if this is the match for my saw. It at least tells me one thing that rpm is at 10,000 now need the low adjustment.

The saw at this point is idling rough and tops out at 10,000 stays there for about 10 seconds andbogs out to a complete stall. If reved on start up it has a hesitation in the throttle. I mean that it responds slow to gas given. I don't know much about reed valvesbut will put a carb kit in it.

Thanks everyone for your time and information. You guys are the best.......as always.

Arnie

I had one of those but it seized up and died! was nice while it ran though, plenty of muscle to back up the weight. They're good if you can get them to run, but of course there's no chainbrake or anything to keep you from harm. just so you know ;)

The carb settings on mine (tillitson carb) were low: 1 turn; high; 3/4 turn. perhaps start a bit richer on the high needle.

Thx Nailgunner........needed that.

OK thx everyone for trying to help. I appreciate it very much.

I am posting this to bring the thread to the top and ask one last time if anyone can positively identify this canadian built Homey and if they knowwhere I can get a shop manual for it. Otherwise will have to just wing it.

Thx.

Arnie

OK thx everyone for trying to help. I appreciate it very much.

I am posting this to bring the thread to the top and ask one last time if anyone can positively identify this canadian built Homey and if they knowwhere I can get a shop manual for it. Otherwise will have to just wing it.

Thx.

Arnie

do you need a parts list ?

if that is what you need send me a pm i be glad to email you that parts list

Back