need some 266,268 272 tip and tricks for installing the carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im currently working on a couple 272xps, and I think 266s and 268 and possibly 61s have a similar carb set up? I find it very difficult to deal with 2 gaskets, intake block, carb, intake and to top it off a sealing collar. And it seems like getting the bolts in is hard to cuz you have to come in on an angle? How do you guys keep all that sheet#@% together?

Im currently working on a couple 272xps, and I think 266s and 268 and possibly 61s have a similar carb set up? I find it very difficult to deal with 2 gaskets, intake block, carb, intake and to top it off a sealing collar. And it seems like getting the bolts in is hard to cuz you have to come in on an angle? How do you guys keep all that sheet#@% together?
I think they are intended to be done with head off!
However I just learned this from someone on here. Find a Allen wrench with the circle end, it allows you to get at it from an angle.
@singinwoodwackr

Wobble allen

Only reason I own one ball end 4mm hex driver- as others have said above.
They are perfect for the 2## Husqvarna saws and 600 family Jonsereds where the lefthand bolt always seems to be unreachable because of the relationship of it to the top of the magnesium case that forms the air box bottom. They are however not worth a knob of goat poop for much anything else saw related- straight end hex are best for everything else.
Also mentioned above- 100% easier to assemble the carb and intake tract onto the cylinder before bolting the cylinder down...... if you have had the cylinder off.
A light coat of grease can help hold gaskets against their mating material, or thread them all onto both bolts and then introduce it as one unit to the intake port, thread the righthand bolt in a little ways and then line up the left and start it catching threads.

Back