Need some advice on SS flue liner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Insulation is not required nor is a liner. Atleast my area. The insulation is for performance more than it is clearance or safety issues. Will it keep the chimney cleaner yes because of sustained temps. If u clean your chimney twice a season you have noting to worry about with a liner only..if you are close on clea rance you néed proper thru wall kits/thimbles or you need double or triple wall pipe depending on how close or how you are configuring it. That's it.. an insulated blanket around a flex liner does not mean it can be closer to combustibles?

The way I understand the OP, he has a clay liner inside of a brick and mortar chimney and now you want him to put an insulated stainless steel liner inside of that :wtf:. If its' that dangerous maybe we should all quit burning solid fuel. Come on guys, you are gonna confuse the OP. The insulated liner was meant to run inside of wood structures with ample air space where no existing brick and mortar structure exists. Or where the integrity of the brick and mortar structure is suspect.
I understand that it seems like overkill until you think about the fact that many old chimneys have combustibles touching the other side of those bricks, and bricks are a poor insulator. As I said earlier, insulation on a liner is code in many/most applications for this reason.

Latest posts

Back