Need Starter Spring for Jonsered 455

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In The Weeds

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Having a hard time getting a replacement starter spring for my Jonsered 455. I ordered the only one I could find online that looked right but a couple days after I ordered, the guy sent me an email saying he didn't have it and my money was refunded. Site was Mutton power equipment or something like that. Anyways, now my saw is still broke and on the other sites that claim to have it the pictures don't look quite right like they won't fit (one end of the spring doesn't look right at all) and i'm guessing you don't want to or can't "make" them right by bending in case it may break. I even tried to "repair" the thing in desperation only for it to not fit right in the casing (took me like a half hour lol). Part no. is PART # 504212606. I don't have any Jred dealers in my area, only huskies and they guy said he doesn't carry it. Anyone have one for sale or can lead me in the right direction?

Well that sucks because I talked to the guy on the phone and he did a cross-reference or whatever and told me nothing came up. I guess I'll try again tomorrow but I'll be a little bs if I could have had the part all this time...

The guy at the dealership just more than likely know how to find a part number properly for the older models, go in person, pay up front, and say hey monkey order me this part number and if its the wrong one i have already paid for it. Pay in advance and they would be fools if they didn't order the part for you.

Thanks for advice hamish.

Just for s&g's I'm going to put links to two different parts that are supposed to fit.

Listing #1 (This one looks exactly like the broken one but listing is over) :

JONSERED REPLACEMENT STARTER SPRING PART # 504212606 | eBay

Listing #2 (This one looks f'd up like its the wrong part or a really crappy aftermarket) :

402-313 - PowerParts Online

You could try Eastern Power Equipment in Barrington. I've had good luck there. They are a Jonsered and Dolmar dealer.

Nice! Ok thanks Wannabe, I'm going to look them up. I used to live in that neck of the woods but it was before I had a saw so never noticed that place. I've moved West since but would be worth the trip if they could hook me up. Cheers.

Called around and part is obsolete. Roncoinc gave me a tip on how to repair a broken spring, I tried it and it worked like a charm. Got some cutting done with it today. Thanks Ron!

Latest posts

Back