Needed: An air filter cover for Jonsered 920.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris J.

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My new toy, uh, I mean saw, arrived today. Compression seems good, overall a lot cleaner the older Jreds I normally get. I'll know more when I get it home and remove a few covers. Let's see, the Astros made the Series, my 920 arrived, now if only my wife...well, two outta three ain't bad :laugh:.

If you have a spare air filter cover that you're willing to part with please let me know. As always, all input & advice is appreciated.

Last edited:
Hey pm on the air filter cover. The saw I had sent to me has a good one.
Later
Bob

Knot Whole said:
My new toy, uh, I mean saw, arrived today. Compression seems good, overall a lot cleaner the older Jreds I normally get. I'll know more when I get it home and remove a few covers. Let's see, the Astros made the Series, my 920 arrived, now if only my wife...well, two outta three ain't bad :laugh:.

If you have a spare air filter cover that you're willing to part with please let me know. As always, all input & advice is appreciated.

hey knothead :) ,since your wife isnt making the day a clean sweep for you, i'll lend you my wife if you can locate me a good piston ring?!?!

Ron

Madsaw said:
Hey pm on the air filter cover. The saw I had sent to me has a good one.
Later
Bob

Hey Bob,
Do you happen to have a ring for a 920??
Sorry, i cant offer you the same deal as i offered Knothead; i'll have to offer you cash. :p

Ron

Bob, thanks, I sent to you a PM.

NotEinstein, let me think about that offer :p. Does the 920 match up to a Husky model? I'd think that rings should be available somewhere, maybe Bailey's, George Blake [email protected], or Simonian Saw.

Knot Whole said:
Bob, thanks, I sent to you a PM.

NotEinstein, let me think about that offer :p. Does the 920 match up to a Husky model? I'd think that rings should be available somewhere, maybe Bailey's, George Blake [email protected], or Simonian Saw.

Hi KnotHead,

Nope.. No husky matches on these 920's.. Parts are get tough to find.. I'm been searching for almost a year for some parts, namely a good jug and piston.. I scored a parts saw awhile back with some of the small parts i needed, and it has a good piston/ring; the jug looks great but the spark plug thread where stripped.. Someone tried a heli-coil insert, but then the pulled it part way out with the plug and it unwrapped itself.. So i guess it would be good with a better thread insert. But i lucked out, and broke the bank, but scored a good used jug and piston on ebay thursday night. Buy It Now for 50$ plus 15$ to ship. I was hoping to get this thing going for less, and i probably should have tried a thread insert for the sparkplug in the cylinder i already had; but after looking almost a year for a good setup, i had ot jump on it..

i saw in your other thread your pic of the bad piston. bummer.. Maybe if you start being nice to me :blob2: i 'mighnt' have a spare piston to let go.. :)

Ron

Hey Chris
Send me your address I will get the cover out to you monday in the mail.
Went to a auction today and bought some goodies. So been away from here this afternoon.
Later
Bob

Bob, I sent you a PM with my business address. Thanks again!

Ron, I'm nice to everyone :heart: :angel: most of the time ;); can't you tell? Compression was good, but yes that piston wasn't looking good. This afternoon I cleaned that piston the best that I could, won't know if helped until I put it back together. At least the jug is in good shape.

All help is greatly appreciated! Chris J.

eyeinstine have you tried OTTO someone put this link on here to get rings if you cant find them other places I saved the link maybe they can help you out.

lostone said:
eyeinstine have you tried OTTO someone put this link on here to get rings if you cant find them other places I saved the link maybe they can help you out.

Thanks for the link... I did check into that not long ago, and if i didnt find anything i was going to pursue that route. I located a good used jug/piston assy, so hopefully the rings end gaps will be within spec.

Thanks
Ron

Shameless bump. I'm hoping to get the 920 reassembled this week, just need to cut a couple of gaskets, and still need an air filter cover.

Yeap he is. Just slow as H here. EVeyone on the farm has been after me to to do ten other things at once, then complain I am not getting them all done fast enough. Stopped at the main house on the w ay to the barn yesterday and was told I had to go a auction.We been after a good manure spreader for this winter. Well I told grandad it would go for more then his 2500 limit. We drive a 1 1/2 piss my wife off, since she had other plans for the day. Well the get to the spreader mid afternoon. Grand dad tells me now to go to 3500 on it. So here we are last night in the dark the last 15 miles pulling it home. Well I hope it gets me through a many of winters with no problems.
I am boxing up goodies today for shipping. Your top cover is on the table to be sent out. I will have it in priority mail tomarrow for you.
Later
Bob

Bob, I appreciate that, & I didn't mean to imply that I had given up hope.

Say, did anyone else notice the rebuilt 920 that George Blake/Motorsag had on eBayware? That must be one very sweet saw!

Okay, everyone can now relax, the AF cover from Bob/Madsaw arrived today.

Since Ron mentioned 920/930? piston rings, does anyone here have a secret source that they'd be willing to share? Seriously, the price for firewood here in Houston is going through the roof (our over night lows are reaching the low 40sF), and I need this 920 running.

Back