NEW 357XP puking oil...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonBull

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
We ordered a 357XP last week and got it today. Put the new bar and chain on it and fired it up. Made a few test cuts and went in to readjust the chain and noticed a lot of oil on the bench. Upon further inspection we noticed that the crankcase gasket was sticking out from between the two crankcase halves a lot and that this is where the oil is coming. Have any of you ever encountered this before?

probably a rare accident, but it CAN happen I suppose. if the gasket is damaged which obviously it is, take it back, and get it repaired under warranty. that would be a direct failure of someone who puts things together, and they should cover it under warranty.

Since it's brand new, I think I'd ask for a swap-out (new saw). I sure wouldn't want to buy a new saw, only to have the dealer split it apart right away....ouch...

Let us know what the dealer says. Did you get it via mail order??

Take it back under the Crown Commitment Guarantee. You don`t want anyone splitting the case on a brand new saw.

Russ

Latest posts

Back