New 7310 Where to Start?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TX_DKW

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all, I've been in the market for a larger saw for a while now my MS362C just wasnt cutting it in the big wood then a buddy I went to high school with called about a Dolmar 7310 with a 32" given to his shop as a demo, It went through one log one time and it has since been passed to me for a smoking deal. I know about the .3 HP difference from the 7910 and hoping I could "tinker" with this saw and make it run on par with a 7910. I have always ran my saws in stock form and have never modded one but the busier I get the more I feel the need to have some extra power on tap. So, where do I start? (Pardon the messy truck bed I'm always organized it's been a busy month)20170301_085459.jpg

The one that I let slip through my hands... :oops: :heart:

Gut the muffler and enlarge the stock outlet or ad a secondary one.
If the carb has limiter caps loose them.

That would be where I would start.

Both "tinkering" mods will void the warranty!

I would love to "like" Your post a dozen times, but one time will have to do.
Congratulations on Your new saw! :)

My queen - Dolmar PS-7900 & 36" Iggesund Forest
DSC00076.JPG

Thanks, I'll get right on that. I assume the 2 holes on the front aren't outlets? Only the one on the side pardon the dumb questions I haven't even had a chance to look it over good.

No, the two holes in the front cover are indeed bolt holes, they might be plugged with a screen that needs to be taken out to undo the screws.

Exhaust outlet is to the right side below the chainbrake lever and pretty much above the inner spike.
The outlet will have a spark arrestor screen.

Don't be over eager with modding Your new saw, accuire all needed information beforehand.
If needed she'll run just fine completely stock!

I'm not on my PC right now, so I can't help with pictures.

The 7310 will pull the 32" ok. If you had a 7910 beside it, the 7910 would be a little stronger. It would be hard to tell the difference between them with a 24". In stock form I would just remove the muffler and take the screen out and enlarge the original exhaust hole as big as you can but so the screen still goes back in. ( I'm a firm believer in the screen....keeps the trash out and the USFS boys off my back). The biggest drawback is the RPM's....the 7310 is limited at 12,8k which is leaving a lot on the table in my book. you could unlimit the coil by using a Husky 272 coil and a little patience. There's a thread on here on how to do it.

Latest posts

Back