New Arrival- 576XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember how you liked how my 044 went through the knot in the Black Locust at the spring GTG, well, now U got one that will do the same!

The smaller saws are nice, but sometimes torque is nicer!

Another nice saw I can look forward to trying out at GTG!
Where are the details on said GTG? If it's close enough, I'd like to come out and play[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every April they have it, they will start a thread.

You will like it, everything from stock to modified to antique, it is really nice!

Bring your saws, everyone shares.

I just hope it is after 4/15 every year so I can go (I'm a tax preparer).

I just got one in the mail from Spike60 :rock2:. Had an opportunity to cut with it on Sunday, don't regret the change one bit. The torque is a vast improvement. Only thing that I noticed was noodling led to some jam ups in the clutch cover, but it looks like there's a nub on one of the anti-vibe mounts that's only purpose is for installation, once that's trimmed it should clear the noodles much better.

Yank, did U get the AT version??? For some reason, AT seems to add some wt.
As far as I can tell, she's a 576XP-AT-XT. None of that "Magnum" poo, though. I think the specs say the AT bit adds a few ounces, certainly not enough for me to notice or care about. She wouldn't be my first choice for limbing, where weight would matter. She's gonna specialize in felling & bucking.
Buds at the Land Trust were getting cabin fever too, so we went postholing through the snow to do some cutting today. (Note to self: bring snowshoes tomorrow.) We're working on a name for her. All three of us got in some runtime with her, bucking & some limbing even. Biggest sticks were ~12", bigger tomorrow. She's a real sweety and made some new friends.
New bars arrived today from loggerchain dot com, so tomorrow she'll wear a 20" rather than the 28" of today. Hopefully soon she'll get to sink her teeth into some large sticks, but meanwhile she's getting as much exercise as we can provide.

Where are the details on said GTG? If it's close enough, I'd like to come out and play[emoji6]

You're probably much closer than Mike or me. I'm about 3.5 hrs away. Steve (aka 166) hosts it in April at his shop "The Cutting Edge" on NY 29 just west of Greenwich. (Google Maps shows it just south of Battenkill Country Club.) Maybe 15 mi NE of Saratoga.

Steve & Scott keep a good selection of Dolmars available for testing. Picked up my Dolly 6100 there last April.

You're probably much closer than Mike or me. I'm about 3.5 hrs away. Steve (aka 166) hosts it in April at his shop "The Cutting Edge" on NY 29 just west of Greenwich. (Google Maps shows it just south of Battenkill Country Club.) Maybe 15 mi NE of Saratoga.

Steve & Scott keep a good selection of Dolmars available for testing. Picked up my Dolly 6100 there last April.

That's not too far at all. Probably a little over 2 hours for me. Count me in!

I had a 576AT that Mastermind had done. I really liked it but anticipated selling it when the 572 came out. Well, my logger buddy scored the PC on his 7900 and 562 on the same day and needed a saw quick. I sold him the 576 and then repaired his other two saws. That was about a year and one half ago and no repairs have been needed to the 576 at all.
I bought a 365xt form Spike at an excellent price:D and am happy for now.

Back