New Arrival

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolfreak

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well, after a week long wait my 2186 finally arrived. Up until today I have run only mid-sized saws. I bought the 2186 for milling, so I ordered a 36" bar with it. I also bought a 20" bar so I could give it a proper break in period. I put this in some 18" Oak and Hickory that I have set aside for making lumber. Does this saw ever cut through wood, damn! And I thought some of my other saws were fast, I am very impressed!:cool: :laugh:

Cool on the big saw. Imina start (milling) with a 7900 and a 2077. That way I didn't jump straight to the biggest saws.;) My timber ain't that big anyhoo.

What sort of mill you using and such?

WadePatton said:
Cool on the big saw. Imina start (milling) with a 7900 and a 2077. That way I didn't jump straight to the biggest saws.;) My timber ain't that big anyhoo.

What sort of mill you using and such?

I haven't recived it yet but I'm orderin a granberg this weekend. Got a lot of big oaks to make boards out of. Wife wants some furniture made. She's pretty good with makin stuff. I say, I'll mill it, you build it. She's my best friend. ;) I also have an old J-Red 80 to use as a back up.

Back