New chainsaw mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Usato

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ciao a tutti i miei amici,
Vorrei acquistare una Stihl ms 170 per avere una sega di sopravvivenza da tenere nel camper. All'inizio ero indeciso se acquistare una Stihl 170 o una Echo 310. Alla fine, viste le modifiche, penso che comprerò la 170.
Grazie ad un video su youtube ho visto che posso fare delle modifiche acquistando un carburatore su Farmertec, aprire la marmitta e cambiare barra più corta.
Il problema è che non parlo inglese ho difficoltà a capire i collegamenti e i pezzi giusti. Sono un ex meccanico a 2 tempi, quindi non ho problemi con la manodopera.
Pensi che queste mod possano durare la durata della motosega?

Mi scuso per il mio inglese, ma uso google translate. In Italia non leggo la preparazione che hai su questo forum.

Ho messo i collegamenti del carburatore.
1 è il modello giusto? Non voglio snellire il gas con la marmitta aperta, capisci
2 È affidabile?
3 Durevole nel tempo?
4 Stai perdendo la carburazione?
https://www.farmertec.com/Carbureto...MS180-Chainsaw-OEM-1130-120-0603-p227903.htmlDovrei comprare qualcosa di diverso da questo carburatore?

questo sarebbe il bar, dici che è una buona scelta? Ho letto che la catena dura poco, mi consigli qualcosa di meglio?
https://www.farmertec.com/Holzfform...30-MS250-017-018-020-021-023-025-p725185.html

Penserei che per una sega tenere nel camper un MS170 di serie andrebbe bene. Se stai cercando qualcosa di più piccolo, vai con una sega a maniglia superiore.

Recensione 1
Vestibilità diretta. Devo togliere il pezzo superiore dal diagramma sul vecchio carboidrato e metterlo su questo. Devo anche praticare tre fori nel corpo della sega e uno nuovo nella maniglia per effettuare le regolazioni, ma mi ci sono voluti solo 30 minuti per farlo. Quindi non è un cattivo aggiornamento per un ms170. Saw corre e taglia molto meglio ora. Consiglio vivamente questo aggiornamento per ms170. Recensione 2
Acquistato questo carboidrato per sostituire un carboidrato non funzionale non regolabile su uno 017 Stihl, era una sostituzione diretta e funzionava perfettamente e richiedeva solo 2 piccole modifiche al corpo della sega in modo da poter apportare regolazioni del carboidrato. La sega è ancora una volta utilizzabile anche dopo che il rivenditore Stihl ha dichiarato che non poteva essere riparata. Inoltre,

l'Echo 352 che è la dimensione successiva sopra il 310 è un'opzione davvero buona con carburatore regolabile, e anche la catena e la barra vanno bene, ha le stesse dimensioni del più piccolo Echo che menzioni. Qualunque abbia mai visto che puoi ottenere parti per localmente sarebbe quello che comprerei, l'Echo è la migliore sega però.

Recensione 1
Vestibilità diretta. Devo togliere il pezzo superiore dal diagramma sul vecchio carboidrato e metterlo su questo. Devo anche praticare tre fori nel corpo della sega e uno nuovo nella maniglia per effettuare le regolazioni, ma mi ci sono voluti solo 30 minuti per farlo. Quindi non è un cattivo aggiornamento per un ms170. Saw corre e taglia molto meglio ora. Consiglio vivamente questo aggiornamento per ms170. Recensione 2
Acquistato questo carboidrato per sostituire un carboidrato non funzionale non regolabile su uno 017 Stihl, era una diretta e funzionava perfettamente e richiedeva solo 2 modifiche al corpo della sega in modo da poter apportare regolazioni del carboidrato. La sega è ancora una volta utilizzabile anche dopo che il rivenditore Stihl ha dichiarato che non poteva essere riparata. Inoltre,

l'Echo 352 che è la dimensione successiva sopra il 310 è un'opzione davvero buona con carburatore regolabile, e anche la catena e la barra vanno bene, ha le stesse dimensioni del più piccolo Echo che menzioni. Qualunque abbia mai visto che puoi ottenere parti per localmente sarebbe quello che comprerei, l'Echo è la migliore sega però.

I did not understand the colon very well, but sooner or later we will come back to them in the future. My budget is small for a chainsaw, so I opted for the 170. Could you tell me if the links are correct and a polite answer to the questions? I wish the Echo 310 was modifiable to boost it a bit. I like to play with my stuff.

Hai valutato l'utilizzo di una sega a batteria? Molti di questi mi hanno persino interessato.
Between saw, batteries and charger I would spend too much. It would be the best choice, so I could use the photovoltaic of the camper to charge the batteries, but too much expense.

otherwise for 200 euros / dollars I found a used Husqvarna T525tc.

Non ho capito molto bene i due punti, ma prima o poi torneremo su di essi in futuro.
Il mio budget è piccolo per una motosega, per questo ho optato per la 170.
Sapreste dirmi se i link sono corretti e una risposta educata alle domande?
Vorrei che l'eco 310 fosse modificabile per potenziarlo un po'. Mi piace giocare con le mie cose.

Tra sega, batterie e caricabatterie spenderei troppo. Sarebbe la scelta migliore, così potrei usare il fotovoltaico del camper per caricare i batterie, ma davvero troppa spesa.

altrimenti per 200 euro/dollari ho trovato una Husqvarna T525 usata.
This is what I posted in English, it answers his question regarding the carb fitting
the MS170 model, being a two stroke mechanic that can not understand
this in his own language, I give up.

Review 1
Direct fit. Have to take the top piece off the diagram on the old carb and put it on this one. Also have to drill three holes in the saw body and a new one in the handle to make the adjustments but it only took me 30ish minutes to do. So not a bad upgrade for an ms170. Saw runs and cuts a lot better now. Highly recommend this upgrade for the ms170.

Review 2
Purchased this carb to replace a non functional non adjustable carb on an 017 Stihl , It was a direct replacement and worked flawlessly and only required 2 little modifications to the saw body so carb adjustments could be made.
The saw is once again useable even after the Stihl Dealer said it could not be fixed.

Also, the Echo 352 which is the next size above the 310 is a really good option with adjustable carburettor,
and the chain and bar are fine too, its the same size as the smaller Echo you mention.

Which ever saw you can get parts for locally would be the one I would buy, the Echo is the best saw though.

Ero un meccanico a 2 tempi in motociclette non in motoseghe. ciò che ci separa non è l'esperienza, ma la lingua, mi dispiace molto
Cerca di farmi capire.

Capisco che in modalità 1 hai sostituito solo un pezzo, mentre nella soluzione 2 hai cambiato tutto il carburatore. Giusto?
se ho capito bene quale delle due opzioni funziona con maggiore sicurezza per la lunga vita della macchina.
la miscela (magari la chiami solo gas), non voglio che sia magra e grippi/blocca/rompi il pistone.
da ignorante in seghe, penso sia meglio avere un carburatore con doppia regolazione.

I was a 2-stroke mechanic in motorcycles not in chainsaws. what separates us is not the experience, but the language, I'm very sorry
Try to make me understand.

I understand that in mode 1 you only replaced one piece, while in solution 2 you changed the whole carburetor. Quite right?
if I understand correctly, which of the two options works with the most safety for the long life of the machine.
the mixture (maybe you just call it gas), I don't want it to be lean and seize / block / break the piston.
No, in example 1, the complete carb was changed, but you need to take the top plate
with the pipe on it from the old carb and put it on to the new carb, and drill some holes in the plastic cover to adjust the mixture screws. This example was from the website you are buying the carb from.
Here in Ireland, the Echo CS352 is the same price as the Stihl MS180, and the echo is a better saw
in every way, it starts much easier, and will always start easy, and you do not need to change the carb on the echo, it comes with adjustable mixture screws.

I seem to have understood that, however, by opening the muffler, there would be no need to change the carburetor. Is the mixture (gas) still right? has anyone tried?

what I would like to do is put a 30cm (12 ") bar and a 3/8 LP .050 chain and open the drain.
But if I necessarily need the carburetor, I'll put it on.
The advance, I'm not sure to correct it. I'm not sure if she really needs it, but I rely on your advice.

I seem to have understood that, however, by opening the muffler, there would be no need to change the carburetor. Is the mixture (gas) still right? has anyone tried?

what I would like to do is put a 30cm (12 ") bar and a 3/8 LP .050 chain and open the drain.
The advance, I'm not sure to correct it. I'm not sure if she really needs it, but I rely on your advice.
Your going to have to make the fuel mix richer by opening up the muffler. If you buy a saw that had no fuel adjustment, you would need to change to a carb that has adjustments. Or buy a different saw. Your looking at the bottom of the market for saws, and expecting top shelf features. Can't have it both ways. Or buy the saw you need and don't mess with it.

If you open the muffler on any saw you will have to give it more fuel, or it will cook.

Look at the Stiga brand, if they sell them in your country, this small model
gets good reviews. They have two more larger models, and prices are good.

My favorite in that size is the Echo CS352, because I can get parts for it,
if I could get parts for the Stiga 386 locally then I would try one, real split case,
not a clamshell, and they seem to run well for their size,

the thing that would be of primary importance to me is the weight. the Stiga are 5.5kg.
For that alone I had looked at stihl 170/180 (4.1Kg).
In the budget of 200 € I don't think there is much with low weight.

I remember that I want a survival saw to keep in my camper, it is not my saw that I would use to cut wood in the countryside

My favorite in that size is the Echo CS352, because I can get parts for it,
if I could get parts for the Stiga 386 locally then I would try one, real split case,
not a clamshell, and they seem to run well for their size,
I understand we have a language barrier here, but our friend seems dead set on doing whatever he wants, disregarding any advice given to him.
I missed the part where it's a "survival saw" and that completely changes my prospective. Either a good hand hand saw, (bow saw or a nice silky type saw) or get get cheapest thing he can get his hands on and not modify it. Unless it's used regularly it's going to give him issues from lengthy storage.

I understand we have a language barrier here, but our friend seems dead set on doing whatever he wants, disregarding any advice given to him.
I missed the part where it's a "survival saw" and that completely changes my prospective. Either a good hand hand saw, (bow saw or a nice silky type saw) or get get cheapest thing he can get his hands on and not modify it. Unless it's used regularly it's going to give him issues from lengthy storage.
ok, good advice. i will buy a good bow saw.
it seems to understand that chainsaws are to be used only for frequent use.

If your goal is a true survival saw, it needs to be human powered! The size and type will depend on the size of wood you expect to need to cut. A 6" pruning saw will cut small firewood - but if your needs are greater, or large trees need to be cut, bigger, better saws (AND a good axe) will make life much easier!

I am forced to ask you for information at this point.
To whom is this blessed stihl170 recommended? Who cuts toothpicks once a year?
I read that everyone is happy with it, but as soon as I ask for information it becomes the worst saw. It just seems that I don't understand.
There are more than 20 that Stihl sells the 170 yet no one advises it. Strange for the way I see it.

Latest posts

Back