New chainsaw mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am forced to ask you for information at this point.
To whom is this blessed stihl170 recommended? Who cuts toothpicks once a year?
I read that everyone is happy with it, but as soon as I ask for information it becomes the worst saw. It just seems that I don't understand.
There are more than 20 that Stihl sells the 170 yet no one advises it. Strange for the way I see it.
The 170 is not a bad saw, but they have a carb that does not work long
before it needs replaced, they clog up the spark screen too, maybe the two
are linked. By the time you buy a carb, and spend a fair bit of time fitting it,
drilling some holes to get at the adjuster screws, you would be better off
buying an Echo saw of similar size that will not give carb trouble in a short time.
If Stihl doesn't like the 170 enough to put a decent carb on it I am not interested in it either. Go ahead and buy one, and the time you need it most and it wont start or run, then you will know why those in the know don't buy them, they are for people with no knowledge of what a good saw is.

Never used a 170, we had ms180's as our truck saws at the township. They did get used a fair bit and I can't say we really ever had issues with them. Decent for what they cost, fairly gutless but always ran. 16" bar full in any wood it was painfully slow but cut. If I had to go buy a cheap beater saw right now, I'd get one.

Never used a 170, we had ms180's as our truck saws at the township. They did get used a fair bit and I can't say we really ever had issues with them. Decent for what they cost, fairly gutless but always ran. 16" bar full in any wood it was painfully slow but cut. If I had to go buy a cheap beater saw right now, I'd get one.
A neighbor has one, he swears it gulps more fuel than his 445 and if it weren't so light it wouldn't be worth having.

I would definitely go for the 180, the 170 lacks a fair bit according to users I know who didn't know to go bigger, first time buyers, the 180 cut really strong for what it is.
But the other side of the coin is, I see far more people with carb trouble, them are throw away carbs, and unless you can replace the carb with an adjustable one, then you will be back to making do with the bare minmuim of fuel going through your saw, and Ive seen more people with gummed up spark screens and carbs on them after short use, I would but an Echo over one any day of the week, thats just me, avoid issues where possible.
To put it another way, these saws do run good, but they do not seem to do that for very long, and seem to need a carb when similar saws just keep on going for much longer without carb issues.

the thing that would be of primary importance to me is the weight. the Stiga are 5.5kg.
For that alone I had looked at stihl 170/180 (4.1Kg).
In the budget of 200 € I don't think there is much with low weight.

I remember that I want a survival saw to keep in my camper, it is not my saw that I would use to cut wood in the countryside
The Echo CS352 is in the 4kg weight bracket too.

I did not understand the colon very well, but sooner or later we will come back to them in the future. My budget is small for a chainsaw, so I opted for the 170. Could you tell me if the links are correct and a polite answer to the questions? I wish the Echo 310 was modifiable to boost it a bit. I like to play with my stuff.

Between saw, batteries and charger I would spend too much. It would be the best choice, so I could use the photovoltaic of the camper to charge the batteries, but too much expense.

otherwise for 200 euros / dollars I found a used Husqvarna T525tc.
Amigo. Este Echo cs 352 es bien. Muy bien. Mi no gusta cs 310. Tengo cs310 y cs 352. Yo no uso 310 a menudo. Tengo cs 362. Uso cada dia. Es muy bien cerrado. Gracias. Adios. Este cartera Es escribo en espanol. Tu comprende espanol? Si?20220108_172347_HDR.jpg

Back