New Chainsaw Time

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastmopar1k

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I got the OK for a new saw and I need some help deciding. Here are the ones I am looking at.
Dolmar PS-7900w
Stihl MS460
Jonsered 2171 Turbo
Husky 575XP?
Let me know what you guys would get. Thanks!!!:greenchainsaw: :chainsawguy:

That's an easy one 7900. I'll pm you a dealer that is close by and probably has it in stock. He usually has it in stock but people keep buying them:monkey:

7900:clap: , just because I'm tired of my 460 getting its butt kicked by a certain grandpa every year. :chainsaw:
There's one on my short list.:greenchainsaw:

The MS460 is a tried and true saw. With a muffler mod., it wakes up nicely. I run a 25” bar and RSC chain, and it pulls through wood like a hound on a good sent. The MS460 may not be the latest or greatest, but it is a reliable, proven saw that will start and cut every day. That being said, every saw on your list is top of the line and appear to be no misses. :Eye:

All us 2171 owners are VERY happy. Its a great saw. After seeing all those plugs for the Dolmar 7900 - I would love to try one of those too. Never seen or even heard of one around here.

I just got done going through the "new saw" research. Im a stihl guy myself, and if you're gonna go with a 460, you might as well just make the extra step to the 660.:)
We have a local competition and the stock 460 almost always outcuts the 575s
For me it boiled down to the dealer that was gonna give me the best support, you cant go wrong with any of those saws.

i was gonna buy a 460 last week, but I couldnt pass up the deal on the 660.:greenchainsaw:

That 2171 is a sweet saw, you'd be very happy with it. Until you ran someones 7900 and then you start thinkin' and thinkin' and readin' and saying," Dang, I should have gotten one of those". I feel the 7900 and 7300 are just a hair better in most aspects. But also feel a bit heavier til you crack the throttle. IMO

Back