i found a few chainsaws, i was wondering if any of them are "collectors items"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keatons

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i found a few chainsaws for sale, any info on them there are 6 of the other are a Stihl 028, Jonsered 490, Jonsered 49sp, Craftsman z3300, Dynamark 68cc and Husqvarna 137. any help would be appreciated- thanks, Keaton

Hi Keatons
Every collector will have their own ideas to what they collect.
Just by what you have listed probably no Collector items in general.
But if someone wanted to collect every Jonsred model made then yes two of them would be a collectors item.
If someone wanted sheer bulk in numbers of saws then they all would be.
I started wanting to get all the 0 series of Stihls, then i got some old saws which i pursued more old ones, then there was gear drives, after that 100 cc plus saws, then PM saws were of interest as they had made the biggest one man saw.
Now old 2 man saws pre diaphram carb saws are ones i have been getting.
I probably have one or two of all the saws you listed in my hoard, but i don't consider them as collector saws
I was at a chainsaw museum in Ontario and there was probably one of each of the ones you listed.
And 4 of the ones you listed i have picked out of the dump in our town, where i have probably got over 30 saws over the years including a couple Homlite 995G saws

That 490 is a sweet saw. Not collector, but a sweet little saw. It's the only one in that list I'd be curious about. It would be more of a "collector" if it had "Partner" on it..

Most of my 490's I had went to collectors or guys to make into race saws. So it is sought after both ways.

Heat handles on the one with low use and s still went to collector.

Attachments

• j490hhh.jpg
    j490hhh.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1
  • j490hx.jpg
    j490hx.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 1
  • j490p5000heated.JPG
    j490p5000heated.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 1
  • j490z.jpg
    j490z.jpg