New cheap grinder on the market???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wigglesworth

Booned
Reaction score
I was in my local Orschelins farm store yesterday and came across this....

41l2Nz9cvCL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Timber Tuff CS-BWM Benchtop / Wall Mount Electric Chain Saw Chain Sharpener It was still in the box, so I didnt get to look close at it. It looks like the northern tools copy. Anybody have any insight? It was $129.99.

TSC has 'em too. A section with that one, a smaller one, a 12v one, log jacks, peavey, draw shave, and a couple of tongs. I wondered about the comparison to the Northern Tool ones as well.

Northern tool just different paint. I'm on my second one.

looks ok

looks like a oregon 511. would be worth tryin one. they seem to be a great design. i have a efco brand model similar. makes life easier having a grinder makes fixing damaged chains easier. if this on has the head angle adjustment then you can play with differnt sharpening techniques :givebeer:

:cheers:

It is not perfect but does a fine job if not used commercially. The first one had a defective bearing and was exchanged. Bailey's also sells them under the carlton brand, they are dark red. Would recommend if as I said you are not in business to sharpen chains.

Forgot to mention. I use oregon wheels on mine, they are better quality. Parts are also available through Bailey's. They have an IPL you can download.

Is the green timber tuff one at fleet farm the same as this one?

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=78004

Thats what I'm thinkin. The all look the same, cept color. I got a Northern version here in the box yet. Suppose to be a Christmas gift, so will have to wait to try it out.:cry: I did order a couple of the wheels from Baileys. I guess the china made ones are a little iffy.

Gregg,

Yup, the same. Have sharpened over a hundred chains with mine so far. Had to make a repair to the chain guide and tension cam but for the money it has been a great grinder.

does anyone know if the main tightening bolt thread is 3/8-24 or metric somethin or other...

If anyone has one of these and the 10 degree angle doesn't work right there is a casting gate underneath that the big washer hits that needs to be ground off

Last edited:
I got one from a Cummins Tool Store and paid $49.99 for it. I used it quite a bit years ago when logging more. It is a bit flimsy, but once you figured out the little quirks it was a very nice little sharpener. I have an inverter in my truck and my wife would sharpen spare chains at the log landing while I cut, or I would set it up with a C-clamp and sharpen several on the front porch at night, either way is sure beat hand filing during high production times.

I would run the chain until reasonablye dull, pull it off and throw on a new one and get back at it.

Sam

Back