new chipper truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treepres1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
heres a pic of our new chip truck 275hp 8sd the bed is 20 ft.long 8 ft.high 8ft.wide.barn doors on back.the top is hinged so we still can load with crane.:)

You guys do a few large removals?!?!? Thats one big chip truck. Looks good. If my calculations are right, that thing will hold 47 cubic yards of chips!

treepres1 said:
heres a pic of our new chip truck 275hp 8sd the bed is 20 ft.long 8 ft.high 8ft.wide.barn doors on back.the top is hinged so we still can load with crane.:)
NICE

Vey cool, tandem axle chip trucks are very rare up here, on big removals I have seen two bucket trucks and one chip truck filled, probably about what your truck will take on its own. That would make a good short log truck too, once in a while. You will never get an overload fine with chips.

Nice truck..I would have personaly put a small loader on the truck,one that would fold-up behind the cab like a ''highab'' still a very nice truck...;)

good truck. Looks great too. Just have to have a guy with a CDL to drive it. If always having a person around that is certified to operate the vehicle wasnt a problem then a truck like that is a great.

EDIT: I doubt a truck like would be too top heavy. These big guys often can hold 15-18 tons. I used to hold like 2 tons in my old truck and this thing cant hold more than 5 times what my truck did.

SilentElk said:
good truck. Looks great too. Just have to have a guy with a CDL to drive it. If always having a person around that is certified to operate the vehicle wasnt a problem then a truck like that is a great.

EDIT: I doubt a truck like would be too top heavy. These big guys often can hold 15-18 tons. I used to hold like 2 tons in my old truck and this thing cant hold more than 5 times what my truck did.

i know that the truck can take the weight (we have some 10 wheelers) but 8' sides put alot of weight up high ! i just want to know if maybe we could get some 8' boxes for are hook lift trucks and not be to tipsy

Latest posts

Back