New Discovery re. Siberian Elms

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumper

One Man Band
Reaction score
Had a removal today-fairly large declining Siberian Elm. Had a tight crotch between 2 main leaders which immediately seperated into multiple large branches. There wasn't much bark ridging but because of the possibility of included bark/weak union I double roped things so that the back leader would not be able to seperate and clobber the mobile home (I also took a bunch of weight off that side). Made my notch and dropped it dead bang on target (don't you just love that:cool: ). When she hit, the trunk split (it had about 5 inches of wood on each side)and dropped the back leader through the center of the canopy and....... A fuel pump fell out. I assumed that the decline was cause by construction damage (gravel driveways on both sides were added a few years ago) I never suspected a bad fuel pump!
The discerning Ford and Dodge fans will probably not be shocked to learn that Siberian Elms use Chevy parts.:p

LMAO! About a year ago when there were only about 6-8 regular posters here, we had a thread on unusual things found in trees. A fuel pump ranks right up there!
:p

Lol, that's a good one, stumper!!!

So was this near ground level, or up higher?...

maybe it was off a Russian spy plane.....

:alien:

Latest posts

Back