New firewood mover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave_dj1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I thought you guys might get a kick out of my latest project. I am going to use it to move some half pallets (I cut the pallets in half) of firewood from the stacks to the furnace. It's an old Jacobsen that was given to me the other day. I'll get some more pics as it get's the finishing touches put on it and one with the pallet on.
It's also Hydro drive, 14 Hp Kohler single cylinder. Runs great just need to address what I believe to be a messed up needle and seat, the carb leaks when it's not running so I have to shut the fuel off at the tank. I moved the steering from the front to the back along with the seat.

That looks real cool. Wont that be real slow now that reverse is forward?

Not slow at all, hydro has same speeds forward and reverse, factory limits the reverse lever, I "fixed" that! LOL
I'm hoping to get some time to tie up some loose ends on it and pretty it up a little.
thanks,
dave

Thanks for the likes guys. I find it relaxing and gratifying doing stuff like this. If I was going to use it on a daily basis I would make it look like new but for an occasional usage and
next to zero invested I just want if functional and maybe look a little nice.
I know about the grapes! Moving the battery is on the top priority list, I plan on moving it to the back down low and adding some weight and a rear bumper.

Sweet! A forkmower/lawnlifter. Dream away my friend and keep it coming, I love seeing your stuff.

I made some progress on the forkmower this afternoon despite this god awful hot and humid weather. It was dark by the time I finished up so no pics but I will get some tomorrow.
I moved the battery to the rear, installed the switch, choke and throttle (all original) and installed the shift cover, made the cover to go over where the battery was. I decided against using the original hood on the front, I fabbed up some aluminum and I think it looks good. The hood was too high for my liking, I have a hitch adapter to move trailers and It was just too high to see over well. I took a 3.5" hydraulic cylinder shell and cut it down, tacked an end on it and filled it with as many old nuts and bolts as it would hold and tacked it up under the frame in the rear. Then I made a rear bumper so I don't smash things when (yes I said when) I back into something that doesn't want to be backed into! LOL
Next on the list is getting more weight in the rear and getting the grill/hood installed, I'm going to have the whole shooting match tilt.
Stay tuned................................
dave

I almost forgot, I figured out why the carb was leaking, the float was full of gas! LOL A trip to the local small engine repair center (the guy has been there forever) netted me a new float and gasket, she runs like a champ now, no leaks! TA-DA!

Nice! I haven't done anything quite that inventive since I quit smoking weed 20 years ago :hmm3grin2orange:

Good work though :msp_thumbup:

Latest posts

Back