New here. Unusual shaped ornamental pear and n.o.s. McCoulloch saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1966novacoupe

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wanted to say hi. I’m steve. Southern California. Retired railroad. Avid old car enthusiast. [ thus my user name ]. I have an ornamental pear tree. Great shape. Had fire blight a few years ago. Local arborist treated it with copper i think. Cleared up and doing great. The trunk is twisted in many different angles. Thought i would post it just to share. And i have a McCoulloch Mac 3516 saw i bought new in 2000, i think. Never been out of the carrying case. forgot i had it. Thought i would share pics of it too…hope everyone is having a great day..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Thank you both, the neighbors love our tree as much as us. Everyone that passes by has to stop for a look. When it sheds those little white blooms it looks like snow in our driveway. And yes its also unusual to find a n.o.s. Saw like that. Forgot I had it…i have an echo i use for around the house.

Hey 64 poncho. Thanks so much. We love the beetle as well. 1961. Built in New South Wales . Au. My father in law bought it new. Shipped it to me last year. He cant take care of it anymore. Same n.s.w. Plates on it for 62 years…its a hoot to drive because its right hand drive. No rust yet…i lived in jersey for a few years…the rust gets it all Eventually back there. keeping my fingers crossed it stays Rust free!

I see you didn't even take the saw out of the case to photo it so you could maintain the 'never been out of the case' claim? I enjoyed that.

Wanted to say hi. I’m steve. Southern California. Retired railroad. Avid old car enthusiast. [ thus my user name ]. I have an ornamental pear tree. Great shape. Had fire blight a few years ago. Local arborist treated it with copper i think. Cleared up and doing great. The trunk is twisted in many different angles. Thought i would post it just to share. And i have a McCoulloch Mac 3516 saw i bought new in 2000, i think. Never been out of the carrying case. forgot i had it. Thought i would share pics of it too…hope everyone is having a great day..
Fire blight is a bacteria disease and copper is used to treat fungal diseases, but cool shaped tree glad it got better

Thank you Alan. Might not have been copper the tree was treated with. I had a peach tree treated for something at the same time might have been copper was used in that one. Whatever it was it worked. Thanks for the info though. We love our pear tree and want to see it last as long as possible.