New Homelite 925 XL Chainsaw for Sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interesting way to sneak past the trading post rules.. if you want to sell saws why not become a sponsor? being legit gets more customers.

Not too mention it pisses off the moderators, who just a couple days ago gave another guy a 3 day suspension for pulling the same thing, and then arguing (attacking) about why it was unfair.

Lexhomelite said:
I got 4 in the warehouse, none have been run. no box or owner manual. Maybe I can find owner manual, comes with 28 bar and chain.

price at $650 each and $50 for shipping.

email if you have any questions.

let me know.

Psssssssssssst, tant suppose to do that on here. I could care less but ya might get in some trouble there. Ran a 925 a long time ago, tuff ole saw. Repost your 925's there, get rid of the ad, and lets yak about those 925's...

I have plenty of the 925's now what about a new Wiz66. If there is interest I can post one in the PROPER area.

Bill

Hey, I would never be able to use a brand new one.
Lets see... These have been sitting for 34 years at least...

How many do you figure are static seized?

bugfart said:
Hey, I would never be able to use a brand new one.
Lets see... These have been sitting for 34 years at least...

How many do you figure are static seized?

Bug,

Both the 925 and the 66 were current saws in the 1980's

Bill

Thanks Bill, I feel younger already.
Boy, Homelite sure dropped anchor and ... wow that's some long running production models. Now I'm confused more than normal.

So the VI-955 was in production at the same time?
I'm working on one now (955) and it does seem puzzling.
I thought the 955 was a newer model because of the anti-vibe. It's like a 925 was given an xl-98 piston and rubber-baby-buggy-bumpers.

I first thought this saw was seized. Turns out it was spooged with gunk. Glued shut. So over the past couple weeks (when I can stay awake or still work) I've un-covered what should be a very nice saw. The piston was replaced do to carbon dating, cylinder is great tho. But I feel more like an archeologyst than a wrench-turner. It was some-what preserved by the Labrarian Tar Pits.
955body.jpg

955body.gif

955starter.jpg

The ignition is also very xl-98ish

The latest 925 was UT10415-C and it is shown as being last built in 1994 although I have my doubts that many were really built. The last Wiz was UT10261A in 1982 but they were still in the product catalogs several years past that.

Bill

I was going to introduce an sxl-925 set in this and do a couple other things... then I realized...
Who the heck wants a bugfartized saw?
Not that it wouldn't beat Simons no show. :cheers:

Ignition and piston/cylinder and carburetor.

Ignition -
925 = 1 piece coil - Solid state (model dependant)
98 has a 2-piece coil and the flywheel has a doo-dad opposite the magnets. When I drink beer I suspect it does a lot more than it actually does. capacitor discharge magneto I suspect.

Piston/cylinder
The sxl-925 has thin steel rings and an oval shaped exhaust on the cylinderto protect them.

Carb
925 has a tillotson 151 or Walbro both with H&L settings
xl-98 has the single adjustment as the top end speed must be regulated so you dont shatter a concrete cutting wheel. The 98 has no oil delivery system thankfully. Oiling a belt is not desireable.

Air intake is dramatically different and I may put one on a 925.

There was a breif 925 concrete saw but the rings got eaten up with all the concrete grit.

Actually BF, the earlier 925s came with a 3 piece electronic ignition setup and later ones had a 1 piece unit. The early ones had a generator, module, and a coil. The 955 as shown in your photo is the same as the original 925s. I'm not too familiar with the 98s, but I thought at least some of these came with a single ringed pison. I have always been confused why the 955 didn't use the thin ringed pistons as used on the 925s.

Dan

Back