New Mahindra 5035 with grapple

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiefs584ever

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Took delivery of my new wood worker tonight. I think I am going to like this thing. My back is already saying thank you. 50hp.

yvevenuh.jpg

tetygyvu.jpg

8ynuda5a.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

Took delivery of my new wood worker tonight. I think I am going to like this thing. My back is already saying thank you. 50hp.

yvevenuh.jpg

tetygyvu.jpg

8ynuda5a.jpg

Sweet!!! You'll wonder how you managed to move wood for all those years without it. Plus all the other chores you can do with it. Congrats!!

Congrats! I'm envious too :)
Very nice. I was just looking at new ones the other day, I think I could justify having one for the business. I haven't compared to other brands but they seem to have a great warranty and good financing.
Do they hold their value like the orange and green tractors? They seem to be well built tractors. My local dealer also sells new holland but said they don't push those anymore as the Mahindra's are better units.
dave

To answer a few of the questions.

It is Mahindra grapple. I was lifting some logs last night that were about 30 inches in diameter and 12 to 14 foot long with no problems. Tractor did not even feel like it was light in the back end.

As far as holding the value, it appears to me that they all pretty much hold their value. I looked at Orange, Green, Red and other colors both new and low hours used and it appeared there was only 2 to 3 thousand price difference between new and used. I had set my used criteria for units with less than 500 hours. I was targeting a used tractor from an acreage that did not have the heck beat out of it.. Once I found out what was out there, I decided brand new was the way to go. I know it's history and also have a full 5 year warranty.

One thing I can say about the Mahindra is that it is a stout, heavy tractor. Doing some research vs other brands, I felt I got much more value for the dollar. Orange and Green are great tractors, don't get me wrong. But with a close by, great support dealer along with the robustness of this tractor made me decide that Orange and Green was not going to be my choice. Plus the 8 to 9 thousand dollar price premium for them.

did you get ballast added to the rear tires? 5yr. warranty sounds great when i bought my NH i think it was a year.found out when i had loader issues that wasn't part of the tractor warranty.:dizzy: other than that it's beena good tractor. i have looked at those Mahindra's and thet look pretty good. next one will have a cab w/ A&H.:rock:

IF IT'S NOT BLUE OR RED LEAVE IT IN THE SHED.:laugh:

Was wondering about 'counterbalance' on the back....but if you are already lifting logs that size(three posts up), then it may not need anything!

Are those the 'standard' sized front tire/wheel combo, or was that an upgrade?

Scott (I need a bigger yard for toys like that) B

I have no ballast on the back or fluid in the tires at this point. Tractor weighs around 5000 lbs without loader.

These are the standard tires for this unit. You can get ag tires, but I elected to stay with the industrial tires as I am on a river with a lot of sand. Ag tires here tend to dig a hole very quick when spun.

Nice! I have a Kioti 3054, but I have admired the Mahindras at a local dealer too.

How do you think the two compare? A buddy of mine just took delivery of a 40 hp Kioti this morning, he has a 45 hp he bought about 10-11 years ago that has treated him well. He kept the 45 hp too ":)

I looked at kubota, jd, kioti, mahindras while shopping last winter. The kioti's and mahindra's are heavy machines. I almost went with a mahindra due to the "planted" feeling it had. Even the smaller ones I was looking at have all cast rear-ends which adds weight and stability. I ended up going with my kubota b3200 becuase it was lighter. I throw on the belly mower and cut my lawn with it every week and it doesn't dig up the grass and I'm not too worried about driving it over my septic tank and leach field. All 4 seem to be great machines. If kioti was less expensive I would have probably gone with a ck30. Dealer wanted more than the kubota dealer did. The kioti's in that size can come with ssqa and standard telescoping lift arms. None of the others offer those options yet in that frame size, although there are aftermarket ones.

How do you think the two compare? A buddy of mine just took delivery of a 40 hp Kioti this morning, he has a 45 hp he bought about 10-11 years ago that has treated him well. He kept the 45 hp too ":)
I got my Kioti in 2003 and have not really been keeping up with the various brands since then, and it's a bit smaller at 30hp. I was only interested in a heavy tractor with traditional construction as I don't mow with it (sometimes brush hog, but the old Ferguson TO-20 is more comfortable for that with larger tires), and the Mahindras were my other choice. I ended up getting a deal on the one I got. Gear drive, shuttle shift, filled industrial tread tires, with a Rhino loader and small backhoe. It has been flawless.

I will likely end up with a similar tractor as my 3 main requirements are front wheel assist for traction, regular and grapple buckets for dirt and brush handling and the lift capacity to lift a large round bale... I like green, was raised on Massey and blue is ok but for the money, I think that the Mahindra is probably the best deal going, especially considering that the green tractors (and possibly others) are just re-painted Indian tractors anyway. Might as well be upfront about it and save a few dollars.

Have you got any pic of this thing in action yet. We got a local dealer here and my brother and I have been wanting to know more about these little tractors, especially if we can get one with a backhoe and front end loader. But want something that will hold up for years of use and not nickel and dime us like the little green 6300 we have.

I will likely end up with a similar tractor as my 3 main requirements are front wheel assist for traction, regular and grapple buckets for dirt and brush handling and the lift capacity to lift a large round bale... I like green, was raised on Massey and blue is ok but for the money, I think that the Mahindra is probably the best deal going, especially considering that the green tractors (and possibly others) are just re-painted Indian tractors anyway. Might as well be upfront about it and save a few dollars.
pretty much what i came up with after shopping around. Mahindra either beat the price or i wound up getting more for my money. mine is a 4035 PST and if i had it to do over i dont think i would get the power shuttle. i find i mash the clutch in out of habbit anyway. other than that i ve put about 150hrs on mine and only had to retighten a couple of hydraulic fittings.

....especially considering that the green tractors (and possibly others) are just re-painted Indian tractors anyway. Might as well be upfront about it and save a few dollars.
I think Mahindra is about the only one made in India, although they are one of the world's largest tractor manufacturers. Kioti/Daedong is 100% Korean and they make all of it - engines, transmissions, etc. Others are Japanese. I thought JD was moving some of their compact tractor manufacturing back into the US but have not kept up.

Latest posts

Back