Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parrisw

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Im new, I mostly just cut wood for firewood, use about 4 cords a year. But also supply wood for my parents, and some to my inlaws. I have half ownership on a 20ton log splitter, and have a Husky 345-e 18" and a Husky 394xp 33".

Welcome aboard. What species are you cutting for firewood?

Runnnnnnnnnnnnn

Run now before you get 3 more splitters 5 different chain saws 4 different mauls 2 trucks 8 gas cans then come on here again and complain you don't have what you want or what you need.......this site can corrupt anyone into getting 10times the gear they need and 20 times the amount of wood you actually use...........you have been warned....and WECLOME to AS

Im cutting mostly Fir, maple, or usually anything I can scrounge up. Some of the fir stuff I ve been cutting is huge too, about 40" diameter. Ya its an addiction, I love saws, the 345-e I just bought new, last week.

Welcome to arboristsite. Keep your eyes and ears shut and you will most likely not buy something you dont need. But in reality you do need it you just dont know it yet. Anyway welcome.

Welcome to arboristsite. Keep your eyes and ears shut and you will most likely not buy something you dont need. But in reality you do need it you just dont know it yet. Anyway welcome.

Around here, "need" rarely enters into the equation.:hmm3grin2orange:

Thanks for the welcome, yes I totally understand about wanting and needing. Just like my 394xp, I didn't really need a saw that big for firewood needs, but what the heck eh!! The guys I cut wood with think Im nuts, they all have 65cc and under saws.:hmm3grin2orange: I actually have 3 other saws, that wernt really worth mentioning, but maybe they are. I got a old Husky L65, and a crafstman 14", as well as a old 60's MAC 250.

Latest posts

Back