New mill area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cease232

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Was having a hard time loading bigger logs on my trailer mounted mill. Been working on this area for some time now. Getting the concrete blocks here was a big challenge. Drivers kept flaking out, when I could find a driver the place would sell out. Finally the day comes and the truck driver is too nervous to bring them down my road. Hauled them 3 at a time on my trailer from a little turn out 1/2 mile up the road. 40,000lbs of concrete blocks.
d3026779201cc88201d7e5c4cf7d0b22.jpg

Pulled 2000 lbs of scrap metal and garbage out of the ground.
b23400591dd066c407317d934ed157d4.jpg

098ce5caea0e4f1c36c974c7ed9c405e.jpg

c365508e0240d5b45847d9b281ff4a32.jpg

I'm pretty happy with it. Increased my property a bit too considering there was just a steep hill there before.
Jeremiah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had looked into those 2x2x6 blocks to make a firewood bin, but they were $$. I can't remember the exact cost and qty, but it was close to 10k to make a 25x25 bin 10ft tall. I want to say they were around $200 each with me hauling them.

Odd to see dirt work going on in the middle of winter. Would need to thaw the ground to do that here.

The blocks were 35$ each. Ready mix place is less than 5 miles from my house.
Most the dirt work was done in fall. Took months to work out the logistics of moving the blocks 5 miles to my house.

Around here, they call them 'mafia blocks' even the place that sells them - I piled them 3 high & 24 ft long to hold back the sand bank when I added onto the garage. We can get 4 or 6 footers, can't remember what the cost was, but not much. Whatever concrete a truck has when it gets back to the yard goes into forms, good idea. garn3.jpg

Around here, they call them 'mafia blocks' even the place that sells them - I piled them 3 high & 24 ft long to hold back the sand bank when I added onto the garage. We can get 4 or 6 footers, can't remember what the cost was, but not much. Whatever concrete a truck has when it gets back to the yard goes into forms, good idea. View attachment 620730

I ended up buying more for another retaining wall and a compost/wood chip/gravel corral. They're awesome if you have the means to move and place them.

How much do they weigh, and could you place them with that Kubota? What size is it?

2x2x6 and 3300-3500lbs. Definitely not with a compact Kubota tractor. You'll need an excavator or forklift.

Back