New "millenium" project saw 242xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain dangers

partner 1633B (skil) chainsaw
Reaction score
new millennium project saw arrived yesterday and she's in a poor way bless her, needs new main bearings and piston and some bits and bobs approx. £50-£80 of parts. saw cost £46 all together including postage. so if I can get a nice looking/running 242xp for £120 I will be really happy . I will keep you posted on the progress. CD

husqvarna 242xp project saw 18 aug 2018 001.JPG husqvarna 242xp project saw 18 aug 2018 002.JPG husqvarna 242xp project saw 18 aug 2018 003.JPG

Attachments

• husqvarna 242xp project saw 18 aug 2018 004.JPG
    husqvarna 242xp project saw 18 aug 2018 004.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 13
  • husqvarna 242xp project saw 18 aug 2018 005.JPG
    husqvarna 242xp project saw 18 aug 2018 005.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 13
dood luck , i got 3 of those 242 XPG ones a while ago and did a lot of cleaning and took them apart to inspect but2 of them were fine , but replacesd the pistons with meteor ones and caber ring , as they were a bit dull on inlet side but no cylinder damage , had to replace the damaged wiring on the heated handles and generator and replacing some parts from the dead one , both are great runners now , best thing is to open out the muffler as its really restrictive and also , look at the air filter pic and see the before and after mod it has a tiny intake so widen it out to the the limit , also there is a tiny little screen on the side for the air intake which easily gets clogged up , so i was thinking about modding the top cover a bit with a fine mesh screeen ,but thought ,,,no it s a classic saw and not used all day now IMG_7930 copy.jpgIMG_7920 copy.jpgIMG_7563 copy.jpg

@Tor R I bet you have more running 242xpg saws than exists in all of Canada! I have never seen one for sale here. (Or a regular 242xp for that matter)
I'm not so sure about that C.J, there is probleby regions in Canada where they still are populare.
I like to stock up on them and someone has to save them... guess who scored this top end kit today....
s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg Them yankees somehow doesnt follow their own close marked so the europeans has to grab them!

but replacesd the pistons with meteor ones and caber ring , as they were a bit dull on inlet side but no cylinder damage ,
how did them Meteors run on your 242's?
Was they windowed?
Them Meteors nowadays has piston crown 0.8mm below oem piston, skirt 1mm lower then OEM, not much intake duration & compression with those pistons nowadays...

I hear ya Tor! Nice score on the cylinder kit ;)

I have been trying to assemble a collection of NLA 262xp parts here for the same reason you collect the 242xp stuff. It's getting harder to find good oem parts for these saws! Fortunately for me, the 262xp is considerably more popular here than the 242xp:cheers:

Latest posts

Back