New MS460 to the family,i hope the others dont get jealous

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihlman441

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A new work horse to the family the MS460,i hope it lives up to its reputation.I have a MS441 so it will be interesting to see how they compare,which i will do once i get a few tanks of fuel threw it.I got it from my local dealer PHead only for $1350 with the Stihl $100 cash back deal at the moment.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Dual port muffler
attachment.php

:):):)

That's one nice looking saw! I love those GB bars on Stihl saws. I am patiently awaiting the arrival of my 046.

I sorely miss my 046. Tons of hard use with a 32" bar buried in hardwood, Gum, Osage Orange, massive softwood... Never quit. Ever.

Although, I hear one of those Slingr' 372s are slick too.:)

The ladies would love your colour coordination ;)

All saws look purrty when new, just hope the other ones in your stable don't get jealous, but i can foresee the 441 missing out with a 460 around.

great looking saw youl realy like it. have prices gone up in the last few months , out west they go for right at 900 3/4 wrapped with whatever bar lenght you want or atleast that was probly 6 months ago when i was price checkn.

now that im cutting wood again ive been watchn craigs list and ebay for a 046. i think that is the saw to have for sure only downfall to 460 to me is the flippycaps but id take one if the price was right

I was pleasantly surprised there was no baffles and crap inside the dual port muffler. You could think that it doesn't need much more than this,is it worth mucking around with ?.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:)

id probly just leave it as is, that has the larger port in the side and dual port cover its breathy tons better then the single port 460.

that side port if you wanted could be opend up to twice what it is now

Man I wish there was someplace that had the epa regs of you guys with the prices in the US... That is one sweet looking saw.. Beat the pants off of a stock US version.

WOW! I have a 460 that I put a dual port cover on. My sideport was about 30% of what yours is ( I opened it up) and my stock muffler has a baffle in it (albiet small). Leave it....

Nice saw! Congrats!

Back