• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold New OEM Stihl MS440 piston kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Brand new, OEM 50mm piston kit for a Stihl MS440. Includes the piston, rings, wrist pin, and retainer clips. This kit is new and unused, but the small bag the pin & clips comes in has been opened.

Stihl part number 1128 030 2015.

$85 shipped anywhere in the United States. Retails for $126.49.

I'd be happy to ship internationally, but we'll need to discuss additional shipping charges.

Thanks!

IMG_1762.JPG IMG_1764.JPG

Ugh. Just made a new toy purchase or else I'd be all over this.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I appreciate your thoughts, but I'm fully aware of that. The only reason I thought it would be marketable here on AS is that there are a lot of guys like me who flip saws. I believe in 100% honesty and full disclosure when selling a saw though and that's exactly why I personally only use OEM. You, me, and everyone here on the sight knows Meteor is every bit as good as OEM, but when I sell a chainsaw to a local guy the only words he hears are "aftermarket piston" and whether the concern is warranted or not, it hurts sales. I think it's wrong to sell a chainsaw that's sold as or implied to be all OE when there is an aftermarket piston installed. Although I personally make a strict practice of it, I don't think it's a buyer's responsibility to inquire as to whether any components are aftermarket - the seller should be up front about it. Knowing there are aftermarket parts and keeping it to oneself is no different than a straight faced lie. To each his own, but that's how I operate.

I normally would hang on to something like this because as soon as I sell it I'll end up with a 440 that needs a piston, but I've been trying to thin out the pile recently and figure the 'good stuff' is most likely to sell and add a bit to my wallet. Figured I would keep it here and on eBay until it either sells or I need it. I got it in trade and I'll be able to replace it quickly & easily if the need arises, so I thought perhaps someone like me who rebuilds with only OEM might want it for such a good price compared to retail.

Thanks.

My experience with selling p&c is that they do take a little while to sell. I had a perfect used 441 p&c and it took a few months to sell at $100. Something like this, you just need to be patient and just wait it out.

Latest posts

Back