New pricing from Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rockjock

Rockjock

Addicted to ArboristSite
Stihl prices for professional saws always go up on a regular basis. Can anyone remember when the regular price of a new professional Stihl chain saw (not a special sale) from a dealer ever dropped?

So, now I know that I can replace my 026 PRO for about $629 plus at least another $40 sales tax.

Actually I have seen them on special a few times not too long ago we had the MS 261 C-M for 599.00 That was a smoking deal and we sold out fast.. MS 461 1050.00 They go on sale but not as often as one would like.

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
. AS Supporting Member.
STIHL pricing in the US is set by the regional distributors, as I understand it. If you live close to 'the line', you can check prices on the other side, especially if you are not looking for dealer support.

http://www.stihlusa.com/information/corporate/about-us/corporate-branch/

Individual dealers can also 'sweeten a deal' by throwing in extra stuff, or offering accessories at a discount, without drawing too much fire, I hear.

I also understand that there were some changes with the regional distributor that covers Minnesota. They relocated the physical location - might have changed ownership? Might have affected pricing?

Philbert

Lowhog

Lowhog

ArboristSite Guru
Just purchased a 1969 37cc homelite with the original sales slip. The chainsaw sold new in 69 for $161.00 which is over $1000.00 in todays Money. Don't cry about a 55cc ms291 at $469.00. Its much more saw for less than 1/2 the money.

Latest posts