New Stihl 070

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PEST said:
I am on the trail of a story and will let you know.

I do not take the word of a Stihl dealer for anything

Have you ever seen Stihl snowmobile oil? there is a container around here that I need to find I'll let the usual suspects yak on about it and then I will tell the real story

Starting to sound like Sap when he was cornered.... On the 070, we're on real soild ground.. Don't make me get the staff roster fot the assembly line (o.k. I probably can't go that far..). As for the snake oil, whatever;)

And pest... remember, I'm not a dealer - just a mere employee that makes almost double WA miniumum wage, no commissions, but I do get the occasional tip. But you weren't around when we went though all this before...:laugh: :laugh:

Later I will tell you tales of trademark infringement and what happens in these cases......makes for interesting reading

How about admitting you guessed about the crankcases being assembled and line bored as one piece as I posted the link to the video that showed what I already knew the case halves are machined separately as is shown on Stihls own site

PEST said:
How about admitting you guessed about the crankcases being assembled and line bored as one piece as I posted the link to the video that showed what I already knew the case halves are machined separately as is shown on Stihls own site

I asked specifically about this and was told that by the Stihl factory engineers... Make sure you know crankcases you are taking about. Counter boring does not have to happen in one combined operation - each half can be indexed and then bored, but the indexing is per pair. Several saws do have separate machining - for example, amongst several - the TS400 - that's why you can buy the halves separately... The 024 though 088 style are different - and you buy a pair even if only one side is damaged.

The video hardly tells what's happening.... can you even identify the crankcase being machined??

You stated line bored so back peddle all you like.......generally people only try to pull rank on me once........You don't do much machining to close tolerance do you?

Another tip...on your degree wheel you may want to print out a 0-180 0-180 delineated scale unless you like complexity when measuring port timing but that is up to you

I don't back down and I guess you don't either......that's good

For the record I did apologize to the owner of that saw in PM and told him I was not ranking on him. I have no intent of making enemies but for some reason people seem to try to make me one. I try to be helpful and state things I have done and seen and particularly in this business I take the word of no one else I see for myself.

Now a couple of things man.....I am not into pissing contests and if you emptied your box and stopped jumping on my back when you have no idea who I have worked for nor what I am capapble of you may notoce that a guy needs help with an 025 oiler and I have no info on that model

PEST said:
You stated line bored so back peddle all you like.......generally people only try to pull rank on me once........You don't do much machining to close tolerance do you?

Another tip...on your degree wheel you may want to print out a 0-180 0-180 delineated scale unless you like complexity when measuring port timing but that is up to you

I don't back down and I guess you don't either......that's good

No, I don't do a lot of close tolerance machining. Sorry If I used a "technical term" slightly out of place... Still not sure what you're so agitated about? Rank? oh boy... life's way too short...

As for the degree wheel - I don't have a problem with the one I got.. and there are certainly many better than what I used to choose from. I can change the photo if it really bothers you, but why not get the chip of your shoulder and just post a picture (and link to the source) of your favorite wheel back in the degree wheel thread, and explain why you like it better. That way others can learn.

I will that is what we are all here for as well as to try to make a little for our services.....The Ducati one is pretty cool I'll have to dig in my old bookmarks for it

PEST said:
Now a couple of things man.....I am not into pissing contests and if you emptied your box and stopped jumping on my back when you have no idea who I have worked for nor what I am capapble of you may notoce that a guy needs help with an 025 oiler and I have no info on that model

You are way too jumpy... Jumping on your back? I don't think so...

If my PM box is full, and it's important, email me... my 9th day of no power is making it kind of difficult to get everying processed when I'd like.

You could do a quick AS search on the 025 oiler issue, then direct the guy back to the relevent threads.

that's about $440 for a new large displacement saw perfect for milling duties. what a deal!

FYI... Andy's one of the most helpful and knowledgeable tech's on AS. He's usually modest to a fault and gone over backwards to help folks.

ok.... done brown nosing! :D

PEST said:
He told me he paid 330 euros

Latest posts

Back