New Stihl MS 260 Pro Chainsaw Powerhead Only .325 Sprocket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks mighty good but it is going higher in price before it closes

As someone new to this forum, I have not seen I saw completely restored with new parts like this. I was just wondering how common this is.

It is a new built up saw from new parts but not built at the Stihl factory according to the wording.
From the bidding, people are sceptical - at this point it should be twice that high?

I've done a good bit of changing model airplane engines over to different versions with parts from other engines and at best I broke even. It just doesn't work out unless you got the parts as a lump for very cheap.

A couple of points: It doesn't state that it has never been run. It appears to have a I/O graphic on the rear handle of an arctic saw. It has floppy caps with a line, those saws were never sold with those caps. But otherwise... Great saw, sweet deal!

My 08 is west german. I think the va. beach plant pretty much flooded our market since the early eighties. And, if you count guys that slap a pile of parts together, call them NOS, then sell for big money, then yes, many stihls are "made" in america.

I've noticed you are looking for a used saw, have you tried the trading post, or maybe you should place a "want to buy" add with your prefence and budget, plenty of good deals but more important reputable members.

It is a new built up saw from new parts but not built at the Stihl factory according to the wording.
From the bidding, people are sceptical - at this point it should be twice that high?

Well, his "opinion" of the MS260 surely is elevated above reason, and people do of course not know if it was built right.

Regarding the heading, it is obvious to me that what it meant to say is "Powerhead only - with .325 sprocket". Later in the add it says the sprocket can be easily changed, which is true - but that model is best off with .325x7 anyway, it isn't a strong 50cc saw.

I've noticed you are looking for a used saw, have you tried the trading post, or maybe you should place a "want to buy" add with your prefence and budget, plenty of good deals but more important reputable members.
Thanks for noticing. I have been speaking with different members about possible sales and have listed what I am looking for. I am also thinking about buying a new MS362...we shall see.

Thanks for noticing. I have been speaking with different members about possible sales and have listed what I am looking for. I am also thinking about buying a new MS362...we shall see.
If it is with in your budget, a new saw is your best bet and your choice of the 362 sounds good, stop thinking about it and do it.

that model is best off with .325x7 anyway, it isn't a strong 50cc saw.
That statement is very true but the 026/260 has such a nice feel to it in the woods. I have a 026 that is ported etc. It will run like a scalded dog. But it is no match for either 346XP or 545 or 550XP Husqvarna in the power department. But I stihl like my 026.

Latest posts

Back