new to me MS 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great score! Where did you get it from? The reason I ask is what smoked the original top end? Would hate to have it happen again.
Bought from a tree guy who has a bunch of stihls (ms200s to 660s) everything in between and multiples of them. He took good care of the Saws, this one had a lean failure from a bad pto seal. Both were replaced.

Sweet! I really like my 361. Just perfect for all the "bigger" stuff I do that I can't get with the 026.

Yeah, I want to get a 440 and/or 460. The 660 is bigger than I'll probably ever really need and it sucks the fuel down pretty quick. I think a 460 with a 28" would be perfect. 026 w/16" bar, 361 w/20" bar, 460 w/28-30" bar would probably be my preferred set-up I think. The last time I used the 660 was to rip some logs into pieces small enough to get up onto the log splitter.

Yeah, I want to get a 440 and/or 460. The 660 is bigger than I'll probably ever really need and it sucks the fuel down pretty quick. I think a 460 with a 28" would be perfect. 026 w/16" bar, 361 w/20" bar, 460 w/28-30" bar would probably be my preferred set-up I think. The last time I used the 660 was to rip some logs into pieces small enough to get up onto the log splitter.

I like the 440 a lot. Very strong saw.

Joe, Nice 361.

Gritz it sounds like a 461 might be a good compromise as it is 460 weight and just short of 660 power. I have not run a 461 but have had several 460, 066, 660 and 064s. Which by the way would be another great choice.

I picked up a 361 about a year ago from a pawn shop that still had the original tank of gas in it. got it for 300. saw looked like it never touched wood. extremely good price for a practically new saw.

I picked up a 361 about a year ago from a pawn shop that still had the original tank of gas in it. got it for 300. saw looked like it never touched wood. extremely good price for a practically new saw.
welllllllllllllyouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu suck;O))
ahahah

Joe, Nice 361.

Gritz it sounds like a 461 might be a good compromise as it is 460 weight and just short of 660 power. I have not run a 461 but have had several 460, 066, 660 and 064s. Which by the way would be another great choice.

Yeah, if I were to buy a new saw, it would probably be a 460/461, but I don't have a good enough excuse to buy a saw. I have way more saw power than I need for what I do. I just like to work on them. I do some yard work and help my Dad cut firewood if I'm there. Right now my wife's uncle is borrowing my 361 to clear out some timber on his property.

Right now my wife's uncle is borrowing my 361 to clear out some timber on his property.

I let a good friend borrow my ms361.....I sure do miss that saw it came back in such bad condition I sold it.I will "never" lend out a saw again.

I let a good friend borrow my ms361.....I sure do miss that saw it came back in such bad condition I sold it.I will "never" lend out a saw again.

He's one of the few people I'd ever lend a saw to. He keeps his saw in really nice shape, other than getting dropped, lol. He keeps it clean and keeps the chain sharp at least. I'm waiting on a donor saw to get him some good plastics. He was pretty impressed with the 361, but doesn't like the weight so much. It is a pretty good sized saw to heft around when you strap a 20" bar to it.

Back