New to Site - wondering about RedMax "lookalike"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndreaNZ

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, all - Andrea in NZ here. Some new imports have recently been made available here, with a reference to a Komatsu/Zenoah/RedMax website for comparison. I was wondering if someone here would take a look at the auction site where they're being sold and giving me an opinion? I need a light duty machine, and can't spend much more than $350NZ (all the "big" name chainsaws go for nearly $1000NZ, even second hand!) - here's the link to the auction:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=63010570&permanent=0

I used to have a Craftsman chainsaw when we lived in the states (can't remember what model number, but it had a 14" bar and I think it was a 36cc model; anyway, had some vapor lock probs so we left it behind, and I've read the reviews here, and think I'll steer clear of another Craftsman!).

Cheers
Andrea
NZ

The redmax lookalike is a chinese built machine, and as I see with many people here, they dont trust it. I've yet to see anyone try one out and write a review on it.

You get what you pay for, and this time....I would pass. Most saws under 50cc are cheaply built and not worth the 50 bucks saved vs buying the real thing. 16" is too much bar for a 37cc saw.

-Steve

Thanks for the advice...

I will steer clear (which I probably would have done anyway, but wanted advice from seasoned pros).

Cheers
Andrea
NZ

Latest posts

Back