New to site

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wseibert

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm Will, and I've recently purchased some land in VT and my first grownup saw, a Husky 372xp x-torq for what I hope will turn out to be a bargain. I just tested compression and it read just under 120psi. I'm hoping this is ok. From the muffler side I can see some light vertical scoring. I'm hoping to use it for some occasional milling as well as felling and bucking. Any and all advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hi all, I'm Will, and I've recently purchased some land in VT and my first grownup saw, a Husky 372xp x-torq for what I hope will turn out to be a bargain. I just tested compression and it read just under 120psi. I'm hoping this is ok. From the muffler side I can see some light vertical scoring. I'm hoping to use it for some occasional milling as well as felling and bucking. Any and all advice would be appreciated. Thank you!
"Welcome to the AS"

advice: post pix and post often! :)

I welcome you to this great site but a 372 with a scored piston and 120psi compression is not going to do. If yiu are comfortable doing repair work you will be fine but you need to first determine why it is scored.

Latest posts

Back