new toy for me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porta mill

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just picked up a bucket truck tonight .I have been wanting one for a while to help with a mulitude of jobs around the house and try to make some extra cash . 1988 ford with a 351 . It needa alot of sheet metal work but it runs and drives and the boom works GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. SORRY for the low quality cell phone pics. I will get better ones in the daylight with a better camera in a few days . so what is everyones thoughts?

They sell them at an auction near here once in awhile. I've been thinking of buying one and mounting it on a trailer to do fieldside tree trimming. Couple were cheap enough and rough enough to do but I was too little too late. Planning on mounting it to a trailer so I can pull it into ploughed fields, cut the branches, push them into piles and load the firewood onto the trailer. Insurance is a killer on anything that is driveable with a boom.

The truck will never see the road again well legally any way .I looked over it better in the shop last night and the body is to far gone to make it legal again .I plan to trailer it any where I need it to go until the motor of trans puke . I am playing with the idea of mounting the boom on a trailer with some out riggers one day . I do odd jobs on the side siding, roofing electrical . cut trees any thing I can do to make a $. I basically bought the truck as soon as the guy said the boom works .I had to trave 4 hours round trip I only paid $750 I think it was to good of a deal to pass up . Is there any one out there ever do a remount of the boom to a trailer .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back