New truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure you were truck shopping for a while before you bought this one AIM, I was curious what you seen for prices on those older dumps? I was just lookin at a lower mileage, kinda rusty 96 chevy 3500 4x4 dump for, well, south of $2k. I'm kinda thinkin that even needin a lil work, that's still a decent deal, I may need to jump on it, huh?

I paid $2200 for the truck. I have $225 in the alum wheels. $100 in a new front seat and tire change. $250 for old dump frame, scissor, w/cylinder and pump. (unsure of working or not,,,,taking a chance) $81 + tax in new muffler. Another $100 in brakes, oil, misc.
Likely to have 10K in labor:dizzy:(just kidding)
Pretty decent deal in my area. Make it a two wheel drive and the $2200 would have been $1100. 4X4s bring premium around here. Plus the one ton adds to the value for us hillbillies..

Last edited:
For a dedicated dump truck I prefer a dually myself but this is 50% wood cutting machine. I prefer a single in the woods. My bed is going to be 4'2" X 8'2" so overloading shouldn't be to much of a problem.

Latest posts

Back