newer owb's ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wood Junkie

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone have the USSC 1600 EF or Fire Chief FCOS 2200D OWB's? Looks like a nice option of not having to deal with water lines or additional heat exchangers in the home. Just pipe it right into the duct work. Comes with a nice price, and supposedly half the wood use of a boiler.

Sorry about that. I did a search and didn't see anything on them..... $2500 isn't a bad deal. Looks basically like a hotblast unit in a shell. I figure even if they were only to last 10-15 years each, I'm still ahead if I bought two or three over time vs. the 10k+ for a boiler. Much easier install than lugging a beast down into the basement, too!

Yah im with ya on that 10k setup ordeal. Good friend of mine just putta wood doctor setup in. 11k into heating his new house and garage he built. Thats burner, piping, Forced air radiator exchange units and all the bull#### he went though..

Forced air would work fine with me too. lol less money, and hassle..only thing i could think of that would suck is bee's..i wander if they can make their way into the unit!?

Or into my own design when i build one?...only time will tell i guess..
These OWB must be new this year, cuz had i seen em back when i bought my englander 3000, 2 years ago, id have bought that outdoor instead! lol

Heres one

outdoorwoodvan.jpg

HAHAHAH!!! now that is freakin sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wander if someone was to use something smaller?..say...PT cruiser..or VW bug..Bet that'd work better! the van thing is a freakin hoot though! thats great! lol

Latest posts

Back