Newly 2 month transplanted 15 yr old maple tree, professionally planted and adequately watered in Texas. Any idea what this is?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much… here are some more pictures to confirm

Note the necrotic tissue along the leaf veins, due most likely to Discula sp.

Thank you so much kind Raintree!
The tree farm I got the tree from recommended the following:
“As far as these leaves for this year, I would just let them drop in a few weeks. Can’t really repair a damaged leaf. But as a preventative for next year, in early February before leaf break I would spray it with a dormant oil (lots out there any will work, just follow instructions) then after leaf break spray with a copper based fungicide like dacanil or something similar. This is just preventative for next year.”

I would be so grateful if you have any other suggestions

Late season foliar diseases are mostly cosmetic no need to treat, clean up and remove leaf litter. The maple was carrying the fungus when installed on your property. The environment from which the tree came is different from where it is now. Wait until next summer to see if treatments are necessary, most likely they will not be. Dormant oil is a benefit, helps control over wintering insect eggs if present. Not helpful as a fungicide during winter months.

Back