• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell NIB Husky 288xp, 353, Stihl 660, 070, 381, Echo CS-1201

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard anything from thicker base gasket to a different carb. I haven't done any investigating on mine, but it does have a slightly different muffler from the US version, a different air filter (not the 372xp/390xp style that was found on some(all?) US 272's.)

It has a slightly lower power rating than the US, IIRC like .2 HP less. The cylinders are exactly the same so it has to be something else that is responsible for the power loss.

if you're correct
it could be due to climate differences
its very hot and humid here not a good thing for outdoor equipments
husky saws barely last a year in the woods here when run day in and out

maybe we can ask skippy to check the diferrences ?

if you're correct

If there are any it'd be interesting to know. I thought the same thing as well with the climate and I also thought that maybe the methods for testing the power output were changed or revised.

All I know is if I had the money laying around and I didn't already have plans for my next saw; I'd snag one of these! Constantly hear people praising these things.

If there are any it'd be interesting to know. I thought the same thing as well with the climate and I also thought that maybe the methods for testing the power output were changed or revised.

All I know is if I had the money laying around and I didn't already have plans for my next saw; I'd snag one of these! Constantly hear people praising these things.

If your thinking of future purchases from Robin? I can tell you i have had
several and all went excellent. From him sending to me and me sending to
him. All so far have been great. Robin is first class, No BS from him.

Lee

unless someones willing to open up their saw and do some measurements
im afraid we can only speculate for now
muffler should be the same if im not mistaken, i wouldnt be surprise with air filter and carb being different though

whenever someone orders a 288xp
its always a suspense for me
hoping there's still some left lol

If your thinking of future purchases from Robin? I can tell you i have had
several and all went excellent. From him sending to me and me sending to
him. All so far have been great. Robin is first class, No BS from him.

Lee
If I wasn't planning on getting a Mac from you soon, I'd be on this. No questions asked.

Seems like many people are happy with how Robin does business. That's great to hear and hopefully potiential buyers know that.

With the acclaim and respect these saws get I'm surprised he's not sold out!

unless someones willing to open up their saw and do some measurements
im afraid we can only speculate for now
muffler should be the same if im not mistaken, i wouldnt be surprise with air filter and carb being different though

whenever someone orders a 288xp
its always a suspense for me
hoping there's still some left lol
Muffler is only different because of a circular exhaust port out the right hand side front corner facing the bar. US ones had a rectangular port on the right side where it's flat.
This is for the 272 not 288 just to clarify.

ive never seen the insides of 272
but they were damn good saws in their era
our local council has one in mint shape and im always finding
a way to pry it from them lol

climate makes difference believe it or not
sometime back volkswagen had to recall their newly launched sedan
i think it was passat and jetta, the dsg autobox start failing on almost every car
they were designed and recommended to run on synthetic oil
but due to the high humidity and hot temperature it didnt work here and maybe AUS
and they found the solution was mineral oil
apparently they didn't have this problem in EU
synthetic oils are more thin/watery in our region

if you're correct

Same Here. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Back